Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Clubbing Venue in Dublin

• 20-02-2003 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Where is your favourite place to go in Dublin?

Tivoli
    Red Box/P.O.D.
    Switch
    Temple Theatre
    TBMC

Other

Where is your favourite place to go in Dublin? 18 votes

Tivoli
    0% 0 votes
    Red Box / P.O.D.
    27% 5 votes
    Temple Theatre
    38% 7 votes
    Switch
    11% 2 votes
    TBMC
    11% 2 votes
    Other
    11% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

voted for Tivoli, im really startin to like that place now, getting a break from the TT..

my other would have to be Fables in tallaght villege! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

Originally posted by Lenny
    voted for Tivoli, im really startin to like that place now, getting a break from the TT..

my other would have to be Fables in tallaght villege! :P

don't forget the plaza aswell, and don't lie, u've texted me many a nite from that venue:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hah, you sure?
    I've never been to the place before!
    I didn't even get to the door and I got rejected rofl
    maybe you're getting me mixed up with coco's? :p
    my mates brother is a bouncer there and he got us loads of consesions, its a good palce to go when the funds are low because free in and yea get mad gargled before going in, and its only a 5 min walk home and a lota ladys yea don't have to put in work there.. yes sluts :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭bazza1981

jesus i cant stand the plaza! cheesy music, **** crowd, pricks of bouncers,...!

voted for the redbox, i think. dont know if it let me! the tivoli is a very close second though. i just think when the redbox is like was at luke slater and jeff mills on nye, there is nowhere lke it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

hah, you sure?
    I've never been to the place before!
    I didn't even get to the door and I got rejected rofl
    maybe you're getting me mixed up with coco's? :p
    my mates brother is a bouncer there and he got us loads of consesions, its a good palce to go when the funds are low because free in and yea get mad gargled before going in, and its only a 5 min walk home and a lota ladys yea don't have to put in work there.. yes sluts :p

sorry mean't coco's, u're a classy guy:cool:

• Advertisement

sorry mean't coco's, u're a classy guy

jasus thats even worse than the plaza!!!lol. i live just up the road from there in clondalkin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

What about Spirit?

What do you think of the security staff in the above venues??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Hugs-E

I wouldn't rate Spirit a proper dance club venue

Anybody I know who has been there about 95% hate the place.

Why ?

1. No athmosphere
    2. DJ's told what to play (thats if u can even see him when he's up away in the orb thingy)
    3. Stilt walkers and fire eaters - What the **** ! I came to hear some great music and dance not to be trampled on by some stilt walker
    4. People drinking wine on the dance floor listening to some Superstar DJ - again What the **** is that all about
    5. Door Staff at Spirit - **** ! Everywhere else sound - especially at the Tivoli in my opinion the best

I could go on but you get my point.

yeh spirit is a piece of sh*t, but would have to disagree about the door staff hugs! any time ive been there they have been pretty cool to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Lisa_Lavish

redbox will always b my home!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Megadude

Spirit is a kip. I must try Tivoli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

haha, merc, don't even think about goin there :p
    its not a family pub :p
    yea iuts open every friday
    sttrippers next friday for 4 euro! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

I went there yesterday and saw a few people off CDC and boards in MY student pub :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭jampotjim

I voted redbox for old times sake ohhhhhh it was such an amazing place back when LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

has to be the music center

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What do you guys think about the new redbox? I was very disappointed when i first went in after the refurbishment... I think that it has lost its spirit that I remember so well...

lets remember its only in phase 1 :)
    give it time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Originally posted by Zascar
    What do you guys think about the new redbox? I was very disappointed when i first went in after the refurbishment... I think that it has lost its spirit that I remember so well...

i think its utter muck! very very very disappointed to see theyd ruined a perfectly decent venue.

phase 1 or not lenny, the new features are there to stay, like the cheezy discobar look, the "we want to be trendy" seats on that pointless bridgey thing. its pish

• Advertisement

Went there last night, I liked the place bit more annoyin than the temple for the drinks being thrown it was mad packed on the dance flood, i like those little walk ways above the dance floor, wonder how long it'll be till someone out of it falls over.
    Its just as bad of a place still hear "any yokes?" about a hundred times.
    I got search 4 ****ing times going in :mad: just me and my mate, there they were letting everyone else in I had 4 tapes in me pocket hehe "going to a session after words?" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Cian H

Thought the red box was supposed to be finished by now

gigi's all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DJ SP@RKLE

gigis!!! hahha spenth the whole sumer der!!

****in kip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Any of you kids go to the UFO in Columbia Mills? Now that was a club - had some good times in that place.

Originally posted by DJ SP@RKLE
    gigis!!! hahha spenth the whole sumer der!!

****in kip!

Proud to say I've never set foot in there

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DJ SP@RKLE

i no twas a sad summer!! gigi d'agistino (spellin) all nite bout 3 times a nite!

Are you sure it wasn't more :p

I only went there once, with a few school mates, end of 5th year they had no taste in music and I had no id.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

sorry lenny that excuse just aint good enough!!!!

Ur gona have to come up with a better one!!!!!

The drink was 1.90 a bottle..
    I wanted to check out their new beer garden and get stuck into some youn fellas supposly sister and get a in a fight!

a bit better
    but dont let it happen again!!

I'll go there again if dave clarke or hawtin played not a bother to me,
    but not likely going to happen.. :)

quite true!!!!

clarke only 20 days away!!!!

he played a blinder down in south last time he played.

I know yea I heard.. I'd be well pissed off if I had of traveled all the way from dub an all
    I really can't wait for umek this week, last time I saw him in the tivoli he was brillant, I thought he played an even better set than clarke did in the tivoli :D

• Advertisement

Are you sure it wasn't more :p

I only went there once, with a few school mates, end of 5th year they had no taste in music and I had no id.. :o

ur a disgrace

I really can't wait for umek this week,

UMEK facking bastard
    he cancelled down here on my b/day last year!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭aliesneo

u cant beat equinox in sligo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Hugs-E

I hear Carl Cox is due to play the first nite of Phase 2 of the Red Box. Should be a gud un

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by aliesneo
    u cant beat equinox in sligo :)
    Prefer the Clarence when it comes to Sligo

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Hugs-E
    I hear Carl Cox is due to play the first nite of Phase 2 of the Red Box. Should be a gud un

Any ideas on when phase 2 is supposed to take place?

Advertisement