Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jackass: The Movie

• 20-02-2003 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Does anybody know when the premiere of this movie is. I heard its on tuesday and that knoxville and the bunch would be here but i havent found any proof of this. does anyone know???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

28th of Feb. Ive seen it in America :) hilarious yet disturbing hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

Don't go expecting anything but a more crude version of the TV show and you might never laugh so hard again. It was worth my money to go. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Great a movie of these wonderful lunatics!!

I only saw an ad for it on TV last night, I just gottta go see this.

I just can't help myself laughing when I watch it on TV, hope its as good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Its on next Wednesday night. Trying to score tickets through the magazine I work for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I think it's on tuesday in UGC? They're closed for an hour for what they vaguely describe as a premiere...

Both stories seem to click?

• Advertisement

Hope u guys who havent seen it enjoy it as much as i did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It's good but it's basically a movie-lenght episode. And I've seen funnier episodes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

just downloaded it. top dollar stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 awweb

Does anyone know whether its just going to be a elongated version of the series or will it have a story line .. lol

It rocks either way so no complaints here what the format is.. just really a general query ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

If anyone sees it and posts can they mask the spoiler so they don't ruin the ending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

I got it off the net as well, and I have to say, I'm definitly going to see it in the cinema, there is no story line, its just a movie-length version of the TV show +plus the cursing and 'Jeasus Christs' outbursts. The stuff is a little more extreme, but I'm starting to wonder what is left after watching 3 people puke after participating in a milk drinking contest(in the tv show).

Great opening sequence(nothing amazing but just perfect for the series big outing outing on the screen. I wouldn't arrive late, make sure you get it in.

You will enjoy thats for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Saw it in a tiny screen just off Merrion Square yesterday. Was one of the press dealies. I'm semi-press so its handy.

Film is cracking. Some top stunts and the ending is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

very very funneh, old men ahahahaha

Sons of Jackass :) once again ... no eating the yellow snow ..bleach hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Managed to get to the premier last night in UGC. Ive only seen the show in passing but the film was brilliant and horrible fun. I just couldnt watch the bit with the paper...urgh!

Most of the guys were there and they were sound enough to mingle with the crowd at the after party in Toast.

Worth seeing. The film flew and i was kinda sorry it was over so soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

yeah, the paper cuts bit was the part that made me cringe the most. i could handle everything else, but this just made me ill! quality stuff alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

just saw it today - twas a great laugh so it was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

the movie marks the end of the tv show :(:(:(:(:(
    this sucks a whole lotta balls as that show kicks ass
    and it also means that MTV will be repeating the same three episodes for the next 50 years. Bam is getting his own show though, so that might make up for it to some extent.

by the way Tusky, i'm sorry for not replying. i had no credit and something came up bla bla bla. cheers anyway.

ferdi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Will it have the first filmed suicide? Knoxville taking double overdose of heroin marking the end of Jackass? "yeah man, i've just taken double overdose of heroin and i'm about to die right here on film!!! It's cold man, man it's so ****ing cold!!!!" :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by ferdi
    the movie marks the end of the tv show
    A new episode of the show hasn't been made in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Will it have the first filmed suicide? Knoxville taking double overdose of heroin marking the end of Jackass? "yeah man, i've just taken double overdose of heroin and i'm about to die right here on film!!! It's cold man, man it's so ****ing cold!!!!"

Its been done already,someone beat him to it.

Afterhours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like the DVD will be worth getting too. Here are the features on the Region 1 DVD....

- Audio commentary by director, cinematographer and Johnny Knoxville
    - Group cast commentary
    - MTV's making-of
    - Outtakes
    - 27 minutes of additional footage
    - "If You're Gonna Be Dumb" by Roger Alan Wade, "We Want Fun" by Andrew W.K. music videos
    - Theatrical trailer
    - Poster gallery
    - Photo gallery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Funniest thing i seen all year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ImpactPlayer

Preston Lacy said in an interview on MTV that there are ongoing negotiations to make another movie. I can only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by TmB

- 27 minutes of additional footage

i heard it was going to be about an hour of extra footage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I actually loved it. Apart from one or two bad bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Steve-o and Chris Pointus aka party boy are also in talks regarding doing there own shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

stevo has his own film somewhere, i think its on kazaa, its supposed to be mostly sick shiit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by mooman_00
    stevo has his own film somewhere, i think its on kazaa, its supposed to be mostly sick shiit
    Its out on DVD and video.. kinda sucks. Its mostly filled with blood and SteveO's ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Its surprising how much of the movie has already been shown on tv as promotional teasers and such, or through those endless programmes which have been on mtv for the past two weeks like "behind the ass" and "jackass myths"

Advertisement