Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson P800 Availability

• 21-02-2003 1:27am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey.

Quite a few threads here referencing the Sony Ericsson P800. Considering that I can't find anywhere that will sell it now in the British Isles, I assume that anyone here using it is in the wireless/mobile business?

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if anyone had any idea when this will be available to buy here. Am I looking at ages before getting this with a vodafone connection would be possible? The general price estimate without a sim seems to be around 800 euro. Any idea/guess of price with a first time connection?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

good timing with your question - final (fingers crossed!) shipping date of the UK model is next week - (so say SE Eshop and Expansys) - they will have a load of back orders - so not sure about availability right away though?

here are 3 places you will be able to get it from the UK:

1) SonyEricsson (Eshop)
    they quote an availability date of 24 / 02 / 2002

2) expansys.com
    they quote an availability date of 25 / 02 / 2002

3) mPhone
    they should have details on the UK release version (they still have the import in stock so may want to shift it first?)

Availability on the networks here - can't be sure - OrangeUK have it listed so at least there is a network planning to offer it pretty quickly.

There is a Voda poster on the board who might have some insight. Take a read of talla's thread on his experience with the device and a conversation on what O2's thinking may be. With any new device it's real hard to predict network testing and release times :(

HTH,
    BrianG

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Thanks DubWireless.

Advertisement