Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDR speed question

• 21-02-2003 2:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

would i notice much of a difference between [512mb] 2100mhz, 2700mhz and 3500mhz DDR in a asus a7v333 mobo with a 2000+ xp??and is there any point in having over 512mb of ram

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It really depends on what you do with it??

if your running a prog that itself is big then yes
    or have multiple app open that are big then yes

usually either high-end games or video/picture editing would notice a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

can you actually use the other speeds? I have the same board and got This
    When i ordered the stuff to build my PC.. I just ordered another one. Its PC333 which is what the mobo is supposed to support and all is well with the world.. But would this board tke the faster ram do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

well i play quite a bit of games QIII,UT2003,RTCW ect kind of high end games and they are allways on the higest settings [i have a Geforce 4 4400ti]. Also i am getting into cough.... dvd backing up, i also have a few programs running at once msn messenger, winamp,kazaa,dc++,3 or 4 sesions in IE 6,zone alarm pro and speed up.
    Saruman, yes you can run those speeds of DDR on this board it will drop down to you bus speed but if you are using the new barton core you can run a 333mhz bus and you can over clock it so you could get use of the 3500mhz ram

Advertisement