Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a model shop in Dublin?

• 21-02-2003 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for the following items...
    Carpenters Glue
    Sandpaper
    Gloss Black paint
    Hand Drill, Electric Drill or dremmel type motor tool.
    X-acto hobby saw
    common or spray starch
    Dark brown paint or stain
    X-acto type hobby knife
    small hammer
    1mm drill bit
    pin vice (?)
    wax paper
    half round wood file
    fruit wood stain
    paper glue
    dark walnut stain
    scrap card stock (?)
    2mm drill bit
    flat wood file
    set of needle files
    coping saw
    1/8 drill bit

I am guessing I can get all in a model shop. Question is, is there one in Dublin? If so where?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Try Marks models. I know where it is but i can't tell you the name of the Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by francie brady
    Try Marks models. I know where it is but i can't tell you the name of the Street.

Thanks... you couldn't narrow it down a little to say even the general area? :)

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

There is one on Caple st. near the bridge as well as Marks Models on D'olier st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Marks Models is on Hawkin st(behind the screen cinema)
    Model shop on Capel st(lots of hardware stores on capel st that would carry some of what u are looking for & would be cheaper)
    DotC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Originally posted by Hobbes
    I'm looking for the following items...
    I am guessing I can get all in a model shop. Question is, is there one in Dublin? If so where?

Just a few places where you can get (and I get) these things pretty cheap :-)

Carpenters Glue - Or it's sometimes called P.V.A. Glue. You'll find this in pretty much every DIY store which is the best place to buy it. Or actually try easons or Art & Hobbies in Jervis centre.

Sandpaper - DIY Shop

Gloss Black paint - Matt spray is easy to get but gloss is a little harder. A lot of car parts shops will have it for sure but it's a bit on the dear side.

Hand Drill, Electric Drill or dremmel type motor tool. - Either go to Argos or A shop called Maplin electronics(sp) round the corner from Bamba toyshop on the corner of Henry St/Mary St.

X-acto hobby saw - not sure what kind of saw this is got a pic?

common or spray starch - Art & Hobbies shop or easons.

Dark brown paint or stain - Both any DIY store

X-acto type hobby knife - Newsagents, Art shop, Easons

small hammer - Easons,DIY(maybe)

1mm drill bit - Maplin Electronics

pin vice - It's a small hand held drill that grips a drill bit like a craft knife would. Games Workshop do the best ones I've used but again it costs (bout 8-10yoyos)

wax paper - Art & Hobbies shop or easons
    half round wood file - DIY shop or Marks Models or The model shop(Capel ST.) Art & Hobbies shop or easons.

fruit wood stain - mmmm DIY store?

paper glue - Pritstick or P.V.A. glue

dark walnut stain - DIY store

scrap card stock(?) - whats this used for?

2mm drill bit - DIY store although they're hard to get. Maplin electronics do them to as well as both model shops.

flat wood file - Model shop, Art & Hobbies shop

set of needle files - Model Shop, Maplin electronics,

coping saw - DIY shop

1/8 drill bit - DIY shop

any Q's post away........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Marks Moddels is on Hawking St. just near Tara Street Dart station. you know the pointless little monument on the street that leads to the Screen cinima, yeah? well that the one.

Advertisement