Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Matrix 2

• 21-02-2003 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

I heard recently that the Matrix 2 is due out before the summer, but when?

Do I even have this story right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

approx may 19th me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Originally posted by phoenix2181
    approx may 19th me thinks

Class!

Thanks for that, lets hope your right.

Anyone any idea if its gonna be good or bad, or what? keep in mind it is a sequel!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Well I reckon it will be good seen a few pics and they looked cool.As far as I know the matrix 3 is coming out a few weeks after Matrix 2 so it going to be a wicked summer :).All the moives are linked so the second one starts exactly where the first finished .And there is an cartoon coming out as well as long with a game.
    Go to there web site there is a trailers and fews and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually a few months after, try around December most likely.

Go look at the Superbowl trailer of M2 and it gives you the dates of both films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

There are lots of trailers available on Kazaa and google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Revolutions is out in November.

A

Originally posted by gob_smacked
    Well I reckon it will be good seen a few pics and they looked cool.As far as I know the matrix 3 is coming out a few weeks after Matrix 2 so it going to be a wicked summer :).All the moives are linked so the second one starts exactly where the first finished .And there is an cartoon coming out as well as long with a game.
    Go to there web site there is a trailers and fews and stuff.

I knew they were making a 3rd also, but didn't realise it was due for release right after the second. Should be interesting.

But just when are they coming out, one person is saying the sunmmer, the other November, then I'm hearing dec.

Where can I find out for sure, whats the matrix website address??

Originally posted by richindub2
    http://uk.imdb.com/Recent/UK is rather handy :)

oh, rather handy is right!! Thanks for that link.

According to this site (and I'm sure irish releases are simular) The matrix 2 is due out 23rd May, then Terminator (which I gotta see0 is due in August, and final, like Asuka has said, Matrix 3 is out on November.

Some great viewing on its way!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

Originally posted by memphis
    Class!

Thanks for that, lets hope your right.

Anyone any idea if its gonna be good or bad, or what? keep in mind it is a sequel!!!

are u asking for ass kicking !

ITS NOT SEQUEL!

god

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

They are not sequels!!!!!
    It's all one long story. Matrix 2&3 all take place in a 24 hour period. I'v seen the trailers and can't wait to see them. Car chase scene looks fantastic.
    There is also a run of cartoons being released on the web at the moment. The first one is already released. Very Cool.
    They are making (i think) 9 of these animated short and are releasing them on DVD in May along with the game and Matrix 2.

Welcome to the year of the Matrix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Originally posted by Bacchus
    They are not sequels!!!!!

They're not?

Surely a film that comes after the original film and the events of which take place after the events of the original is classed as a sequel?

Maybe I should go and look up SEQUEL in the dictionary. They must have changed the meaning over night.

Fine I'll retract that statement.
    It's just that people think it is only a hackneyed attempt by Hollywood to make money when you call them sequels.
    I prefer to think of it as a trilogy. It was originally meant to be a trilogy which would be filmed back to back, but Warner only let them make one and see how it goes.
    The reason for the massive delay in getting these 'sequels' made is due to deaths in the cast and other problems.

All that really matters is that it is as good as the first part which I think it will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Did anyone catch that little Matrix piece in the Sunday times. Definitely not a plot spoiler but a spoiler nonetheless...
    Matrix 2 finishes up, right in mid-frame leaving people going "NOOOOOOOOO, WTF?!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i wonder if thats a good thing or a bad thing...
    just have to wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭D nominater

the computer game version will probably be crap at best playable

does anyone know where the storyline came from exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

May looks like a good month.

A few good things on the way in the second half of the year it seems.

Matrix 2: May 23rd

T-3, Rise of the Machines: Aug 1st

Matrix 3: Nov 7th

LOTR, ROTK: Dec 19th

:D Excellent

Originally posted by seamus
    May looks like a good month.

A few good things on the way in the second half of the year it seems.

Matrix 2: May 23rd

T-3, Rise of the Machines: Aug 1st

Matrix 3: Nov 7th

:D Excellent

Certainly is a good line up there.

Does anyone know exactly how they came up with the 3rd Terminator?? Someone said to me that they used the chip in the arm that was knocked off (and not destroyed) in the 2nd one, however I have later heard that was all bullsh!t, and that this 3rd movie is about time travel or something.

Can anyone fill me in, with the correct story please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Naaahhhh, Dec 17th

And dont forget Xmen2 out in May/June

...and The Hulk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Has anyone heard anything along the lines of storyline for the new films?

AFAIK the next two are all taking place in a 24hr period with a race against time scenario to save ZION. The studio, cast and crew have kept the plotlines absolutely top secret. No-one is leaking info. Which is great! I hate it when movies like this are spoiled.
    I found out about the Fight Club 'twist' before I watched it - Ruined the film for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

SofaKing, i cant resist spoilers. now i'm going to be sitting there
    looking at my watch nearing the very end during some kick ass scene knowing its going to end so abruptly

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

i cant wait

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I found out about the Fight Club 'twist' before I watched it - Ruined the film for me.

heh, I know someone who stopped watching fight cxlub about 5-10 minutes from the end cos he said it made no sense.. he stopped it just before the realisation of "the twist" hehe, bloody idiot :) i had quite a laugh explaining it

Advertisement