Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help my pc is gone bolox

• 21-02-2003 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

i put in my mates gf2 there recently, and had to take it out and put another gf2 (a MX 400) reinstalled the drivers an all. now my pc runs super slow (i get slow down on that shiitty 3d maze screen saver) it used to run stuff (halflife, daiblo2, avp2 etc.) perfect but now its impossible to play any of these. also when im listening to music it will judder loads when i open anything, which makes me think its not a graphics card issue.

anyone have any ideas on how to help (except overclocking the processor which im not alowed to do, not exclusively my pc) think needs a defragging, but i dont know if that would help enough

specs are

Pentium 3 500mhz
    256 ram
    the infamous gf2
    17 gig hd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Obviously this is the wrong forum.. technology would be better.

However make sure the drivers are the right one and also make sure you have the card seated right... what os is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

go into safe mode uninstall all drivers and graphic cards that are on the computer . what other programs are running in the background . i found that some of them can slow down fps in games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

think this is the right my, hw is boloxed and needs to be tweaked

anyhoo im on w98, dont really run anything in the backround, nothing that didnt run before anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

erm... there is a load of programs that will allow u to tweak ur card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Your drivers are just messed up, if you can't remove em then a reformat is the best way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement