Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Old School Punk Band

Options
  • 21-02-2003 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Who are your favourite old schoolers?

Who are your favourite old school Punk Band? 18 votes

Black Flag
    0% 0 votes
    Minor Threat
    22% 4 votes
    Misfits
    11% 2 votes
    Cro Mags
    61% 11 votes
    Ramones
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

Depends what sort of mood i'm in tbh ... If i want cheered up i listen to the feel good songs of the Ramones or Danzig era Misfits and if i'm pissed off you can't beat some Minor Threat or Black Flag .... very hard to make a choice cause they are all great! At the moment i'll go with Minor Threat cause i been listening to them recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

it so has to be the ramones!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Yea tis gotta be The Ramones

HEY HO LETS GO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 escapeing death

misfits all the way deth punk rocks i have american psycho on ath the minute.they better rescedule........

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Whither the Clash, the Sex Pistols or anything pre-1980?

Too much Kerrang methinks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eric_the_head

If you are going to hold a poll then get your facts straight. The Cro-Mags are NOT punk. They are proudly hard-core !!! They knocked about a bit with Biohazard, Anthrax and DRI. Their album Age of Quarrel is a classic.:p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm not really a fan of Punk at all but if I was to pick one of those bands it would have to be the Misfits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

aw well this will be a one way vote really everyone will vote for the Misfits its because they are they major hit band the band that most people know of so i tell you now its the misfits! aw well i like them so im not complaining just saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

HEY YOU BASTARD! WHERE THE **** ARE THE SEX PISTOLS?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Yeah, where are the clash?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

The Exploited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Out of those listed i'd have to say the Misfits. The old Misfits not the comic book mime artists that call themselves the Misfits these days.

But if you had the Clash up i reckon that they'd top the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Yeah the exploited are pretty cool, they aint really that old school though are they? I'm still miffed as to why the **** you did not put the Sex Pistols in the poll list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

GANG OF FOUR: 'ETHER'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I didnt put the pistols up cause they are the one everyone would vote for so there was no point. True that the Cro Mags were Hardcore so they probably shouldnt have been in there, Age of Quarrel was kick ass, so was Best Wishes though but they are related to the punk scene so they stand. Exploited should be in there too, but then again so should, Clash, UK Subs, Anti Nowhere League, The vibrators, Stiff little fingers and a million other bands. so who from the LIST THERE is your favourite.
    probably should have made this poll as they always turn to ****, people going on about bands that arent there and trying to name the most obscure band possible to look intelligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

[ people going on about bands that arent there and trying to name the most obscure band possible to look intelligent. ]

And right on cue...

Where are the Nipple Erectors and the Vibrators???

Ah no though seriously.

I'm a Buzzcocks and Stiff Little Fingers Man

But out of the list I'm going for Black Flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'd have to go for Black Flag although i'll probably venture up to the village when the "pseudo-Misfits" play (evenutally)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

gotta say, there are a sh!t lotta bands missing outta that poll eg the clash, sex pistols and even bad religion (who threw that?)

Amz, what this about the pseudo misfits?
    the real deal were ment to be playing a while back.

punk out

ferdi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joey Ramone

the ramones, no contest. The clash, sex pistols, dead kennedy's etc should be there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

yeah, ramones, clash, stiff little fingers, oh and the undertones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ramones are there. I realise i didnt put EVERY band up there. Because there simply isnt enough room for it. so OUT OF THOSE LISTED who is your favourite. check the gig board for the misfits gig. He meant that it isnt "Really" the real misfits cause they dont exist anymore its

Jerry Only - Original 'fits
    Dez Cadena - Black Flag
    Marky Ramone - Ramones

So its like a super band if you think of it :) better than feckin AudioSlave anyway;)

Advertisement