Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leprecon Report

Options
  • 03-03-1998 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Alrighty, its tuesday now, and am slowly recovering from a sleepless, foodless, loong weekend.

Leprecon:
    The computers worked, the lan worked, things just seemed to work, and then main server crashed only a couple of times, we had an infocus projector too, so in general from a technical side things were pretty cushy.

The games:
    Well when there wasnt any one on ones or FFA's on, people generally grabbed a machine and joined in a small melee or had a dm with someone else, and I think everyone who was there on saturday got their fair share of quake. Due to uhm certain circumstances the weekend is quite hard to remember, but I'll proceed...
    Clan Destine turned out in force (thanks lads)..Bic did well in the FFA on sunday and in the 3 on 3 CTF, Earthworm Jim impressed me with his DM2 skills, and the two Seps..or whatever just confused the schite out of me. Chaos seemed to be very handy with that GL in the 4 on 4.

The FFA's weren't too serious, and with time running out on sunday, we had to play a quick melee on dm4.
    DEthinker played very well in earlier melees, but didnt get his game on dm4 due to something. Beast came out on top, after being a bit slow to start. Was a very boomsticky game...tsk. Mindphuck seemed to clatter everyone in the FFA's he played on Saturday, and Mickah turned up on Sunday to see how things were. I organised a quick 3 on 3 CTF game..which turned into six teams, and I have to hand it to Zeus, the magic munchie who hasn't played
    in a loong time, just went beserk in the CTF..however in the final CTF game, in the last second he was telefragged while quadded (on CTFM5) which made the game a draw! Fair play to Bic, Beast and Slaanesh on the other team! (I hope I have that right)

Me and Reaper remain unbeaten on dm6 and dm4 respectively throughout the weekend, although I fairly STOOD on him on dm4, and er..he got a couple of frags on me on dm6..*grumble*

Koopatroopa showed off his reaperbot firing skills, mauling just about everyone.

Players of Leprecon:

Braincell (for winning the one on one's...an excellent player)

Maverick (for getting into the quarter finals of the one on one's, WTF??...lets just say he hasnt played quake very much) :)

Slaanesh

Destroyer ( for doing the job on the big screen in his IQCL match)

Thanks to
    Cloud-warrior (John Breslin) for being such a sound bloke and turning up on Sunday after an 18 hour journey from the bog. Thanks John!
    Hobbes for his nature documentary on Irish quake players.
    Kaile for organising the games and keeping things going despite me and reaper being on constant smoke break shifts.
    Mindphuck for lending us his computer and the car for picking up stuff, and Devore for his comp and all the help he gave us ( a very big thanks even)

Special thanks to Beast and Devore for sorting us out and making things hard to remember.

Thanks to everyone who turned up!

Fair dinkum

-Bunny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The CD lads had a good time too, here's our verdict on the weekend as relative newbies (I'm an engineer, we bullet list everything!):

Best Players:
    1. Bunny (by a mile)
    2. Beast
    3. Reaper
    4. KoopaTroopa (sv_aim shoulda been 1 ;-))
    5. Braincell

Soundest Players:
    1. Cloud-Warrior
    2. Bunny
    3. Sniper
    4. Beast
    5. Kaile

Weekend high points:
    1. Big screen viewing of GI/nD Match - good show lads
    2. Watching Bunny go on DM6 - picked up lots of tricks.
    3. Watching Bunny maul some muppet called Reaper on DM4 ;-)
    4. Seeing Beast's instant turns and 100% aim in action.
    5. Finding out we're not the worst players out there

Best CD Moments (yaaa!):
    1. Sephiroth coming second in the ffa's - good lad!!
    2. BIC's team drawing the ctf final (nothing to do with teammates Beast and Slaan)
    3. I lost a very enjoyable 1-1 with Sniper - very unusual game with lots of snazzy moves all round, thanx Snipes.
    4. ReaperMan winning his ffa round, couldn't make the final.
    5. Sephiroth enjoyed his mauling of SeP

CD Low points:
    1. Some of our best players missed the CT game as we were in the pub.
    2. I qualified just behind DeThinker in the ffa's - bad show Jim!
    3. Never got round to a game with Bunny or Reaper.
    4. cd.Chaos played poorly and never showed his stuff - he really is very good.
    5. Pity there wasn't more PC's, as the same few tended to hog them (if we'd a known about the shortage earlier, we might have russled up a few)

thanks CT lads for organising things and we hope to see you in the Shticks shortly (mail me first), when we'll give you a much better game (I guarantee it).

EWJ.

: The FFA's weren't too serious, and with time running out on sunday, we had to play a quick melee on dm4.
    : DEthinker played very well in earlier melees, but didnt get his game on dm4 due to something.

I'm not sure what that something was. There weren't enough machines available for all who were listed players in the FFA, but three people whom I beat in the first round <Phoenix, DeVore, and Sep> got to play instead of me, arrghh! :)
    Still, I REALLY, absolutely enjoyed the first round, aww man, best fun i've had in a while, the fact I came second was also kinda nice! :) I was, as I think the term goes "In my zone!"
    Thanks to Cloud, Kaile, and all ye organisers, t'was mad craic alltogether!

: Beast came out on top, after being a bit slow to start. Was a very boomsticky game...tsk. Mindphuck seemed to clatter everyone in the FFA's he played on Saturday, and Mickah turned up on Sunday to see how things were. I organised a quick 3 on 3 CTF game..which turned into six teams, and I have to hand it to Zeus, the magic munchie who hasn't played
    : in a loong time, just went beserk in the CTF..however in the final CTF game, in the last second he was telefragged while quadded (on CTFM5) which made the game a draw! Fair play to Bic, Beast and Slaanesh on the other team! (I hope I have that right)

Well done to Bic on his first time <I think> playing CTF, his team almost whupped the house! My team on the other hand came last of the last -- I think i'm gonna like CTF tho, Leprecon was a good intro to it for me!

: Me and Reaper remain unbeaten on dm6 and dm4 respectively throughout the weekend, although I fairly STOOD on him on dm4, and er..he got a couple of frags on me on dm6..*grumble*

: Koopatroopa showed off his reaperbot firing skills, mauling just about everyone.

: Players of Leprecon:

: Braincell (for winning the one on one's...an excellent player)

: Maverick (for getting into the quarter finals of the one on one's, WTF??...lets just say he hasnt played quake very much) :)

: Slaanesh

I played Slaanesh 1-on-1 in *my* level, dm5, which everyone else hates, and he whupped me about. I eventually changed my handle from "PHX-DeThinker" to "FRAGBAIT :)" after he pulled about 20 frags ahead! :)
    A savage player to boot!

: Destroyer ( for doing the job on the big screen in his IQCL match)

Sound lad ah-right!

Frag la later!

-Thinker

: Soundest Players:
    :
    : 1. Cloud-Warrior
    : 2. Bunny
    : 3. Sniper
    : 4. Beast
    : 5. Kaile

Oii Jim, i shouldve been here seen as i dont get into any others :)
    :
    : Weekend high points:
    :
    : 1. Big screen viewing of GI/nD Match - good show lads
    : 2. Watching Bunny go on DM6 - picked up lots of tricks.
    : 3. Watching Bunny maul some muppet called Reaper on DM4 ;-)
    : 4. Seeing Beast's instant turns and 100% aim in action.
    : 5. Finding out we're not the worst players out there

:
    : Best CD Moments (yaaa!):
    :
    : 1. Sephiroth coming second in the ffa's - good lad!!
    : 2. BIC's team drawing the ctf final (nothing to do with teammates Beast and Slaan)
    : 3. I lost a very enjoyable 1-1 with Sniper - very unusual game with lots of snazzy moves all round, thanx Snipes.
    : 4. ReaperMan winning his ffa round, couldn't make the final.
    : 5. Sephiroth enjoyed his mauling of SeP
    That did not happen! due to some circumstances (unmentionable here), i was unable to see / play quake!! and it was no mauling!

: thanks CT lads for organising things and we hope to see you in the Shticks shortly (mail me first), when we'll give you a much better game (I guarantee it).

: EWJ.

apart from that gman EWJ as u are improving still! played some nice ones in the FFA!
    later all
    SeP

No offense meant SeP, you're a sound bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

BOOOOOOOOM!

coolestpictureever1id2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

well, it's a strange place to post it but, erm, wow! what an image!

best use of an eight year old thread evar.

Advertisement