Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Helsing

• 21-02-2003 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

Stumbled across this today: http://www.vanhelsing.net/.
    From what I gather, Hugh Jackman plays Van Helsing, legendary monster ass-kicker supremo. In Van Helsing, he takes on Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Wolfman.

It's done by the same guy who did The Mummy (and the Mummy Returns) - so plenty of action, then. From the look of the pre-production material I've seen, it looks like this is going to be very, very stylised.

Which is definitely a good thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I thought Jeffrey Combs was going to be in this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

Why is very stylised a good thing? :/

TBH it looks terrible. And they call it Frankenstein :( Argh Frankenstein is the doc's name not the creature's. Why won't people get that :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Zaphod B
    Why is very stylised a good thing? :/
    Because it takes an ordinary dull subject or storyline, and at least makes it passable.

For an example of this, see: Brotherhood of the Wolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

Hmm or it lobs in as many CGI effects, flashy props and set pieces as possible in the hope that we go "Oooh! Aaah!" enough to ignore the little things like plot, acting, tension etc :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Zaphod B
    Hmm or it lobs in as many CGI effects, flashy props and set pieces as possible in the hope that we go "Oooh! Aaah!" enough to ignore the little things like plot, acting, tension etc :/
    Exactly - I already mentioned Brotherhood of the Wolf, didn't I?

In all fairness though - it's being directed by the guy who did The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. I don't think anyone would expect anything less than what you just described.

• Advertisement
Advertisement