Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Food Glorious Food...

• 21-02-2003 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

OK im waiting for my dinner at the moment so this post could be seen as a sign of how feckin hungry i am...

Right we all know where the best pubs/clubs and venues are in this our nations capital but, either before during or after a night out drinking or at a gig where are the best places to get something to eat??

I mean besides your usual McDonalds/Supermacs etc something different but substantial and not too pricey....

I love DiFontanes pizza but there is only so much pizza one can consume before it begins to lose its appeal. So between Pizza binges where should one go for nutritional pleasure/value etc.

(Im hungry hence the rubbish post) cant think pizza i mean clearly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

charlies!
    and charlies 2
    if u like **** chinese food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

speaking of chineesesseseses....

There's one in leixlip called

WON TONS

This is significant because if you read the name backwards you may notice something quite disturbing....

Not many people get take away from here....

It's also the cheapest of the 8 chinese take aways in leixlip....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ewwwww
    i will never order from there

are u awake for me to text u

I sent ya a PM my phone is gone wonky....

Well it spends so much time near my head it was only a matter of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Ok, in my humble opinion, THE BEST restaurant in this "fair city" of ours has got to be "Boccaccio" on Dame Street. It's exactly opposite "Fans" the Cantanese Restaurant. Great Italian Food, Great Atmosphere & Best of all Fair Prices !!!
    Here's their number if ya wanna try 'em out; (01) 6797049
    Bon Appetite !!!
    Peace,
    kranog

http://www.popstar.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I've been to Boccaccio and it really is quite nice,
    it has the best factors of a food place:
    1) cheap (enough)
    2) really good food (if you like italian)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    I've been to Boccaccio and it really is quite nice,
    it has the best factors of a food place:
    1) cheap (enough)
    2) really good food (if you like italian)

i remember that place. mmm..... stuffed mushrooms..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

Hmmm for Chinese you'd have to go pretty far to beat Ho Ho in Rathmines. Mmmmm Crispy Duck Pancake!

Pizza would have to go to Steps of Rome on Chatham St. eventhough it's not open late.

And finally Aprile on Camden St. for garlic cheese chips.

There's my vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

aroma, the italian place in the epicurian food hall is lovely. was dragged there once by friends and have done the dragging ever since! the stuffed pizza is gorgeous. pretty reasonable too.

Originally posted by Sinister Pete
    Hmmm for Chinese you'd have to go pretty far to beat Ho Ho in Rathmines. Mmmmm Crispy Duck Pancake!

Pizza would have to go to Steps of Rome on Chatham St. eventhough it's not open late.

And finally Aprile on Camden St. for garlic cheese chips.

There's my vote

Is this Sinister Pete's guide to healthy eating?

An insight perhaps into how the man himself keeps that wonderul figure of his...

We could learn from this people

Take note!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

muuuummmmmm WAGAMAMA, My Ex intruduced me to wagamama and its great, I'd recomend anyone going there for noodles ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

For food with beer, Solas on Camden St. They do chips, dips, sausages, main course of the day, soup... up to about 8pm.

For something a bit more atmospheric, Dunne and Cricenzi on South Fredrick St. Wonderful ambiance, focaccias, anti-pastis, wines... not to mention the coffee. No beer though.

Opens late on Thurs, Fri and Sat, but tends to get packed quickly. I love it to bits.

Advertisement