Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan Jam

Options
  • 21-02-2003 8:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've recently f*cked up me toe and can't go to college. Today in between bouts of final fantasy tactics and being teletubbied out of my head I flicked over to lan jam on Citv.

What a load of ballox. Its progrmas like these that give video games a bad name. Gone are the days of gamesmaster. It seems everything is either 'wicked' or 'whack' on the program. Bo hip-hop selecta!. Anyway, it was the last inb the series so pray that the producers have common sense and don't make another one.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

All the old games progs were discussed a while back on the retro board. Although I've never seen the program you mention It sounds as ****e as "bits" on channel 4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

cybernet is still on these days,

which is not exactly astounding but they do cover some interesting stuff , but then again they cover alot of pc edutainment titles too..

its on at fcukin' 4.30 in the mornings?

why bother!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

GamePad(2) on bravo is ok

with Violet Berlin(nyom :eek: )

It does a fair bitof retro stuff as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Gone are the days of gamesmaster. It seems everything is either 'wicked' or 'whack' on the program. Bo hip-hop selecta!. .

LoL, that says it all :)

Saw it today, so cráp its not funny, same as steaming basically. Everything has really 'wicked' graphics or is a mega beat em up.

Noone has a clue about games on it.

Thats 'stream' sangre :P.

Bring back thumb bandits I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Lan Jam has to be the biggest waste of any ... well anything. ITV should really have put the money on a big fire and laughed insted. Actucually i would watch that :)

Anywhy, i think Bits and thumb bandits were made by the same people, just differant presenters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Lan jam is of course for kids only

why cant they make a good games show for evening viewing? games are more popular than ever, much more than the gamesmaster days, and yet no channel even makes a half assed attempt at a good show

anyone remember that games show on skyone with big boy barry? as far as i can remember that was the last evening games show, its utter badness could have killed decent games shows for the last few years

what would your good game show include?

mine would be like a tournament of 3-4 games a week, starting with maybe 100 players per game, the highlights of the first few rounds would be aired, and the each final match played in full, with good prizes like a porsche or a yacht :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭festivala

what would your good game show include?

mine would be like a tournament of 3-4 games a week, starting with maybe 100 players per game, the highlights of the first few rounds would be aired, and the each final match played in full, with good prizes like a porsche or a yacht

That's not a games show. That's an FPS show you're on about. There's more to games than just shooters you know.

I can't imagine anything more boring to watch on tv than other people playing an FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Jabba
    Thats 'stream' sangre :P.

Bring back thumb bandits I say!

No its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

festivala, how the fcuk did you come to the conclusion that all games played in a tournament are FPS, you sound completely ignorant of all types of multiplayer gaming, or are you just a stupid newbie, looking to be flamed?

yes, FPS have multiplayer modes, but so do sports sims, flight sims, beat-em-ups, RTS, racing sims ... actually nearly every type of game has a multiplayer mode

also most tournaments have more games than fps, like the recent cyber games had 3 RTS 2 football sims and 5 FPS, which is expected as it was a pc tournament, and a games show would be console heavy ie less fps

id love to see a beat-em-up or football sim played by experts

my ideal games show would include a bit of the usuals too - news, previews, and reviews

• Advertisement
Advertisement