Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic 5

• 21-02-2003 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

J5 are playing the Redbox Wednesday March 26.
    Tickets are priced at 22.50 each.

Havent seen them live before but im really looking forward to this one.... Now if only The Roots would play...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Ooooh I've been waiting for this one. :)
    Now all I have to do is get someone to cover me in work, hmmm I better get that sorted soon, they're real bastards when it comes to covering shifts where I work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

also on a hip-hop vibe..

the rather brilliant Mr. Scruff plays Red Box on Mar. 21st...
    and he'll hopefully do more of his famed 5 hour sets (and I've seen him 4 times so far!).. worth it just for the groovy visuals.

Nightmares On Wax are lined up for the Ambassador late March as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Originally posted by mbroaders
    J5 are playing the Redbox Wednesday March 26.
    Tickets are priced at 22.50 each.

Havent seen them live before but im really looking forward to this one.... Now if only The Roots would play...

Those details may be slightly wrong, try may at the ambassador

Where'd ye get that from Ed?
    They're touring europe in March.

And ****ing MCD put NOW on the same night as Scruff.. bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

ohhhhhhhh cant wait...
    but it seems we are not clear on the venue..
    any got a link?

• Advertisement

http://www.jurassic5.com/tour.html says the red box, and I cant see them moving to the Ambassador unless MCD grab the gig... and triple the ticket price, and mcd.ie would have information about it if they did.

Also on the hip-hop front, rjd2 is playing in the pod on sat night (11pm tickets e17), if you dont have his album Deadringer, then go buy it, its bloody amazing, and twice the album Private Press should have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

jurassic 5 should be good, providing its not over 18's... but i'd really like to see chuck d over here some time soon

It's in the Redbox, so it's over 18s. That said, I've never actually seen them asking people for ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

jurassic 5 should be good, providing its not over 18's... but i'd really like to see chuck d over here some time soon

Public Enemy are playing Belfast April 11. I would expect a Dublin gig around that time too.

Missed them last time they were over almost 3 years ago, aparantly it was fantastic.

*hup*

Grabbed my tickets anyway, I doubt it'll sell out till the night itself, but if you intend to go, I'd pick them up before Mon. (gig is on Wed.) just to be sure.

Hmm must go buy Power In Numbers now :)

Mr. Scruff is tomorrow night as well in the Red Box... 5hr set, and for those who haven't seen him before expect a revelation in DJing... definitely reccomended as well.

I doubt it's sold out yet.
    If it has I'm screwed, but then again the Redbox tends to let you pay in at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

yea ticketmaster has sold out
    but i think the other shops such as all city etc still have tickets left
    hmmm its tuesday night and the gig is 2morrow,i really should get up of my arse and buy tickets earyler
    anyway it should be allright to pay at the door since its a wednesday night gig

That's what I'm hoping. I was gonna go in and get them today but then I got sidetracked and forgot all about it.
    Might give soundcellar a ring tomorrow to see if they have any left.
    The Redbox stick €5-€10 extra on if you pay at the door. :(

So, what did you all think? Was shaping up to be a great gig until the sound got fecked up. I was standing by the mixing desk at the time, couldnt belive what i was seeing.
    There was water dripping from what looked like a crack in the roof right above the mixing desk. Was almost funny watching panicked sound people running around trying to dry the mixing desk with bits of tissue paper.

Whatcha mean was shaping up to be a great gig? was already a great gig by that point.. and the sound only went 3 songs into the encore.. plus it got akim pissed off so he started the whole end freestyle session, which was totally unplanned and so so good, lots of freestyles are just scripted and memorised, but that was pure magic to listen to especially chali 2na he kept goin and goin, abdominals end bit through the gigs was brill as well, he just said **** man im gonna jump in here as well .. excellent :)
    way way too packed tho, red box really need to take at least 50/100 ppl off their capacity for gigs like that, altho cant see that happening.

Was just that the sound went crap during some of my favorite songs! Was more frustrating that anything to be honest.
    Still enjoyed it loads. The freestyle was cool at the end too. Was really, really packed. Agree that they need to take their capacity down a bit. I took one look at the crowd up at front and grabbed a nice space just behind the mixing desk.
    The atmosphere dropped slightly when the sound went too, quite a few people left when they where trying to get it working again.

Still cant belive that there was water dripping on the mixind desk tho'. The place was only done up about 6 months ago or so.

Shut up, shut up I dont wanna hear it.
    I couldnt get a ticket in the end ffs. That's twice now I've missed them.
    And when you go and say things about great freestyles and what not it just makes it all worse.
    So did they just do Power In Numbers or was their Quality Control mixed in too? How long did it go on for?

They played a good mix of stuff from all 3 albums. They even signed everything and anything that was shown to them. One of my friends had her arm signed, she is refusing to wash it now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I thought it was great despite the sound troubles.... Got my ticket signed by 4 of them and some nice pictures which ya'll can view here, even before the big "technical difficulties" the levels were way off up front anyway, Could hardly hear soup for the whole show, 2na and marc 7 were the only ones loud enough. When I saw blackalicious vocals were much clearer. Still a fantastic gig though :p

Advertisement