Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness

• 21-02-2003 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Any news about this years festival. Who's playing.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

me is hearing alot of people say coldplay will be headline 1 night and since I've heard that I've been praying so hard that they wont be within a 100 miles

of the place cos I hate them and think all their songs are very similiar altough they have a very talented singer

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Conor20

There's been practicly no news about the line up or location of wittness.

Anybody know anything about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Its witNNess, like GuiNNess. They sponser it! Not Difficult!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Bottle_of_Smoke
    Its witNNess, like GuiNNess. They sponser it! Not Difficult!

People, glass houses, stones, momentum, throwing ...

SPONSOR not sponser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Coldplay are good but totally overated and do not deserve a super band status, there no better than bands like Embrace, Space etc. Whatever happened to Travis.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Megadude

They are all spreading the disease of mediocrity. Its a pretty sorry state for music to be in when Coldplay are described as one of the best bands in the world. Don't get me started on Travis. They're all about as exciting as a DIY hardware shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joey Ramone

i was talking to phil and dolf from the datsuns after their gig in January and they said they'd be playing witnness this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Since the Witnness festival is now unofficially tied with the T in the Park festival in Scotland, you can expect Coldplay to headline Saturday.

R.E.M. headline T in the Park on Saturday, but seeing as the band are playing two shows in Marley Park a few days later, I wouldn't imagine them to close off on Sunday. It seems like there will be a different headline act for that day. Official line-ups for whichever festival will be announced shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Anyone interested in finding out the bands which are highly possible to playing at the Witnness festival can check out http://www.tinthepark.com/ and switch the days.

Zwan... are... coming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i just heard a vicous rumour that the headliners of the festival will be

COLDPLAY

PEARL JAM

LED ZEPPELIN

call me crazy, but this already sounds like a fairly spiffing line up. i am well cheesed off, not gonna be here for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well one third of that vicious rumour is right. the other two are woefully wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

some how i dont seed zeppelin or pearl jam playing although that would definitly RAWK!!!!

coldplay headlining? uuhhgggg...that sucks balls, people would be falling asleep all over.

so far slane is kicking witnness' ass:
    rhcp
    ff
    qotsa

sounds deadly no?

punk out

ferdi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Depending on the line up ill probably but ill probably just go anyway for the laugh as i failed to purchase a ticket for slane!

Not Mad abut Coldplay im sure there talented but i just dont care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

ye, im nearlky expecting coldplay, maybe badly drawn boy too, what with a new album and all.

Usual irish artists - David kitt, damien rice, the frames, the walls, the revs :( .
    Id say the music will be playing, pearl jam.. maybe, but hardly.
    gemma hayes will be there... hmm, maybe oasis then (or did they play last year? :) ) Probly the sugarbabes alright, theres usually one poppy kinda band there (no doubt last year)

it all depends really, on who has released a nearly new album in the previous six months imo.

Zepplin, lol, hardly, dont think they'd be arsed tbh.

anyone else.??..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

btw, what date was it announced last year, and what date (approx) did the tickets go on sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement