Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World War II Online

Options
  • 22-02-2003 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.wwiionline.com

Anyone know anything about this? All i know is that the Axis front collapsed and the allied are heading towards Germany. All i know is that this is the currant situation in Belguium:
    belgium_long_front.jpg
    Map updated every 5 minutes

It seems really to be some kind of giant online game which is baised around WW2 but the thing is its going on 24/7. The game allows you to command just about everything in the game, like Battlefield; tanks, trucks, planes etc. If you wanna download it its 117Mb, and can be found here . the download link is somewhere down the bottom of the page, but you need to pay for it.

Anyone anyidea on this game?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yep i remember surfing some Battlefield forums on the weeks leading up to the release of BF1942 .
    On these forums a lot of guys were talking about it saying it is incredible,i still see posts saying this on the forums.
    I always thought there was a subscription fee for X amount of months use online?
    Maybe someone else knows more,what i will say is a hear netcode is far superior to BF,ive never played though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Looked at it before and i dont do subbie online games(i know EA want us to soon) but i would never play a game subbie style.
    Paid enough for the game and also paying for a server is enough imo, so regardless of how good it is i wont be playing it.

And BF has tanks and mods me 2 fav things evar :D

Shame that guy sold his map editor to Dice we could have some fun with that.

kdjac

Advertisement