Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which concert venue in Ireland is your favourite?

• 22-02-2003 3:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Which concert venue in Ireland is your favourite, and also your least favourite.
    Just wanted to get a idea of general preference among concert goers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Would have to be Vicar St for me, or the Red Box when it isnt over packed. Vicar St is one of the few high profile venues in Dublin that was actually designed to be a concert venue.

I hate the Olympia for a number of reasons ranging from the ridiculous amount of leg space you have in the seats to the truly horrific mens toilet (a pig trough would be an accurate description)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

I likes the Vicar st also i likes the Ambassador
    and the redbox, ithink there all good

but i really hate the rds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

again.. Vicar. St, brilliant layout, theres no bars in the venue (Ambassador.. grr), good sound... Whelans is great as well for more intimate gigs I think, pity the sounds terrible for louder bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

theres no bars in the venue (Ambassador.. grr),

That bar in the Ambassador has to be one of the silliest design decisions i have ever seen. When i went to see Ani Difranco there she was in the middle of an emotianal, heartfelt and quiet song about September 11th yet all i could hear was the sound of a cash till opening and closing. Grrrrrr.
    They made a mess of a job in the Ambassador, could of been an excellent venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Originally posted by Kali
    Whelans is great as well for more intimate gigs I think, pity the sounds terrible for louder bands.

Yeah, I totally agree with you there. When I went to the solo and acoustic J Mascis in Whelans last November, I was absolutely blown away at the intimate offering.
    However, in examples when I went to Cave-In, who played last week, the sound overkilled the amps and was very blurry. It killed my ears, and it wasn't a great concert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Vicar Street is fantastic, but there's rarely any gigs I'd go to see there. The Shelter, a sublet of Vicar Street, is quite brilliant. Pity it isn't being used any more...

I'm going to see Tha Haunted in Whelan's tomorrow. So I'll make up my own mind about that. Can't wait to see Opeth there, but the sound was fantastic when they played in the Shelter in '01.

Advertisement