Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQCL maps

Options
  • 02-03-1998 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

<center>image6.gif</center>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

: Interesting thing happening in UL at the mo - a Quake Lan League.
    : But instead of the numerous obscure levels that have to be learned etc. in IQCL.
    : Kobra [Celts] in his infinite wisdom has decided that only one level shall be used for all matches.
    : and that is Death32a.
    : I happen to think its the best and fairest way to play any comp. No time intensive learning of 8 or more levels?
    : and also it gets rid of the inherant lack of fairnessof playing different clans on differnent maps.
    : Only one map to download too.
    : What about it IQCL admins ? It isnt the way the Brits do it I know but we arent british are we?

100% agreement from me, but it was my way it'd be DM3 only.

ONE MAP ONLY GUYS!!!!

F*^% the ukcl maps! :P

Trojan (of the Three Muppeteers).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

: : Interesting thing happening in UL at the mo - a Quake Lan League.
    : : But instead of the numerous obscure levels that have to be learned etc. in IQCL.
    : : Kobra [Celts] in his infinite wisdom has decided that only one level shall be used for all matches.
    : : and that is Death32a.
    : : I happen to think its the best and fairest way to play any comp. No time intensive learning of 8 or more levels?
    : : and also it gets rid of the inherant lack of fairnessof playing different clans on differnent maps.
    : : Only one map to download too.
    : : What about it IQCL admins ? It isnt the way the Brits do it I know but we arent british are we?

Yup I agree

[CW] Blade

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: But instead of the numerous obscure levels that have to be learned etc. in IQCL.
    : Kobra [Celts] in his infinite wisdom has decided that only one level shall be used for all matches.
    : I happen to think its the best and fairest way to play any comp. No time intensive learning of 8 or more levels?
    : and also it gets rid of the inherant lack of fairnessof playing different clans on differnent maps.
    : What about it IQCL admins ? It isnt the way the Brits do it I know but we arent british are we?

Well said man.

I'd rather learn 1 new map (and a supposedly very good one) than 6 or 7 of the blighters!

Tomb

: : : Interesting thing happening in UL at the mo - a Quake Lan League.
    : : : But instead of the numerous obscure levels that have to be learned etc. in IQCL.
    : : : Kobra [Celts] in his infinite wisdom has decided that only one level shall be used for all matches.
    : : : and that is Death32a.
    : : : I happen to think its the best and fairest way to play any comp. No time intensive learning of 8 or more levels?
    : : : and also it gets rid of the inherant lack of fairnessof playing different clans on differnent maps.
    : : : Only one map to download too.
    : : : What about it IQCL admins ? It isnt the way the Brits do it I know but we arent british are we?

:I totally agree. No-one has time to learn the maps properly.

same here !!! DM3.... that ukcldm4 is a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Great looking web page - but hey, isn't that my
    Poor_Monkey picture you borrowed for your logo?!
    Hmmm, all the hours I spent in QMe and PSP doing
    up that and where's the credit? Heh!

Yeah it's a great map, but for 5 on 5 clan games
    it really isn't the thing is it? It just turns
    out to be a big FFA with those people who like
    dm4 hanging around the Quad and the dm6 guys
    hogging the ra/rl. Too big for 10 people I
    think, and one map isn't going to do us for the
    whole league. I think there are new bug-free
    versions of this out too - death32c anyone?
    BTW I love dm4 and dm6 as much as the next guy.

Nope, and we aren't all from UL either. The
    reason for choosing the UKCL maps was not for
    our love of things British (yeah, right), but
    rather because they are classic maps which make
    for good clan teamplay games, not free for
    fuppin alls. If they had come from Mozambique
    and were good teamplay levels, we still would
    have included them.

So what suggestions do we have for normal id1
    levels the week after? dm6? e2m1?

John.
    --

I disagree. I think the different maps make things more interesting, as there are less set tactics out there.
    We had two clan matches [5v5] last night on UKCLDM4 and UKCLDM1 over a LAN with Incarnate. We had never played on these levels before, and
    INC presumably were playing us to try out some tactics they were mulling over for the IQCL. They beat us on both levels
    but both matches were very close, and went right to the wire. I reckon it's because the UK levels are so well
    designed, that even a gang of players who've never seen the levels can be fairly competitive by just wandering around (there's no shartage of
    RA's, RL's and obvious power-ups). I reckon if we'd spent 20 minutes playing on the levels before the game, we could have taken INC.

My point is that I think these maps are the last word for clan matches, and I recommend everyone to give em a go! Lets get good at them and then take
    on a few of the brit clans on their own turf!

I agree - They are alot more even than oh say DM3...
    Tactics in them ~are~ important, but you don't
    have to do major planning - an advantage if you
    haven't much time to play the maps before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Alan

Death32c is way too big for 5 on 5 clan wars.

Why not just use UKCLDM2 all the time ? :)

Alan

: I agree - They are alot more even than oh say DM3...
    : Tactics in them ~are~ important, but you don't
    : have to do major planning - an advantage if you
    : haven't much time to play the maps before hand.

ermmm, hehe, ye, snigger, didnt see that GI nD match? I think
    that game defines the capabilities of the levs!

• Advertisement

: ermmm, hehe, ye, snigger, didnt see that GI nD match? I think
    : that game defines the capabilities of the levs!

I seen it at Leapracon - nD seemed to have ~no~ planning
    at all - I did say ~some~ planing was needed..

Advertisement