Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing rust spots, scratches and stone chips?

Options
  • 22-02-2003 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how to do this?

Not that my car is really worth the effort, but I thought it'd be good to learn how to do it and get some practise before (if I can ever afford) I buy a nice car.

There's some rust spots around the doors. There's some scratchs on the door from it's days in the college car park, and though I haven't really looked, I imagine there's a ton of stone chips on the front.

I have some vague idea about sanding away the rust to smooth it out, applying some sort of rust coat, and then a dash of spray-paint or something, but I really don't have a clue.

It's a Mk2 Fiesta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Ford Garages carry sticks of top-up paint. I have one ordered from my local one, some b1tch keyed keyed the bonnet on my fiesta. Most garages will be able to get one to match the colour of your car.

Dont know how effective it will be yet. I'll let ya know if I ever get off my lazy ass to pick it up.

Advertisement