Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerosmith: Album Archive 27/02/03

Options
  • 22-02-2003 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Toys In The Attic

While researching last week's Album Archive on Guns N Roses, Aerosmith's name seemed to crop up quite a bit in articles and reviews about the Gunners. I'd done an Aerosmith Archive previously (Pump), but it got me thinking it's about time i featured the band again. So, what album to pick? Rocks? Permanent Vacation? Rock In A Hard Place, the forgotten 'Smith album? Nahh. It had to be Toys in The Attic. This was the band's third album, released in 1975, the record that threw them into the big league. Not surprised it did. This record's got Walk This Way AND Sweet Emotion on it, not to mention No More No More and Big Ten Inch Record. Oh - and Uncle Salty. Oh yeah, and the title track, obviously. All classics. If you want to learn about the history, recording and release of the album, as well as live versions, outtakes and album versions of it's tracks, listen in to Phantom this thursday between 8 and 9.

Rock This Way.

Regards

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

oh man i'm so pleased. When i 1st started REALLY listening to music at the tender age of 11 it was aerosmith who i turned my delicate attention. Started me on the right track i believe. Plus it just so happens i don't have 'toys in the attic'. Hooray!

Good man Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

Aerosmith kick ass, they are my favourite band, and not the "i dont want to miss a thing" aerosmith, the toys in the attic, rocks, get your wings Aerosmith, have never been able to decide between toys and rocks, they are two of the greatest rock albums ever recorded......., you gotta check out pandoras box, it has all the out-takes, loads of unreleased tracks and loads of live tracks and snippets the rythym section recorded when steve and joe were too waisted, all from the first 6 albums.........excellent to see them get some air time

rock this way indeed

peace&love
    mr crow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

Nice one Steve, kudos on the G'n'R last week as well, it was fantastic.
    Is it true that Aerosmith had broken up and weren't gonna reform around this time? I heard that it took Run DMC wanting to do a track with them to show them that they could still get it together and rock - which is why only Mr. Tyler and Mr. Perry are in the video for Walk This Way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rob Taylor

Thank you all for your kind comments. Mr. Crowe, I have Pandora's Box myself, and you're right, it's a great set. Morn, re Run DMC and Aerosmith, Aerosmith were still very much together at the time of Run DMC's cover of walk this way. They'd recorded "Done With Mirrors" the previous year, and all 5 were in the process of coming off drugs and drink. Actually, the Walk This Way cover was the last time an inebriated/drugging Tyler and Perry were to be heard on a record. And the reason that the other 3 Aerosmithers weren't in the video is cos Steve and Joe didn't tell them about it, which caused a major falling-out between The Toxic Twins and the others, as you can imagine. But then they recorded Permanent Vacation and we all cheered.

Regards

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

well, it could be a hell of a lot worse....

• Advertisement

bored huh tyrrial?

there is a live album you should all check out as well. 'A little south of sanity.' Don't ask me the date but it had their newer songs in the mid 90's but not their 'miss a thing' track which narrows the time down. But it has all the classics on double cd and i love it good.

Don't leave home without it kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

.........little south of sanity is a good live album, came out round 99, 2000 ish but you should check out "live bootleg" and classic lives 1 and 2, they are all just old songs from the first 7 albums, which are certainly my favourite, while i know they still rock and have rocked since 1986 they have compomised alot of values, in the 70s they didnt, they just got ****ed up and played some of the best rock'n'roll ever written.............also if you can get your hands on a bootleg from 1994, dec 13, its a christmas gig in Ma Kins(their venue in boston).....its probably one of their best gigs, its all old ****, and some of it they hadn't played in years till that point.....

peace&love
    mr crow

curse my youth! i'd have loved to see 'em live.

Thanks for tips i'll keep a watchful eye out...

(can you believe i missed the album archieve after all that:( )

Advertisement