Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal are marching to the League Title

• 22-02-2003 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭

As much as it breaks my heart to admit it , Arsenal are a cert for the title this season.

United (My team) are lacking the fluidity and hunger that is evident in Arsenal's game and what a bunch of class players they have : Henry , Pires , Viera !!

3 of the best players in Europe and operate at a great level of consistency unlike , Scholes, Giggs and even Ruud !!

Last week Rudd didn't have a sniff , anytime the ball was played into him , Martin Keown was on top of him .

I honestly think United's reign as the best side in England is well and truely over , it's time for changes right from Fergie down !!

Arsenal will rule the Premiership for at least the next 5 years , providing of course they can hang on to their best players.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

agree 100%.

total football is Arsenal
    Super team to watch.

And considering all that Fergie's bene through this week, he may not last long more!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

They were great to watch alright, Taylor was in great form in the cúl, made some great saves, pure speed on the attack.

Cannot honestly see them been caught and for sheer entertaiment value they deserve the title

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What a side! class in every position with doubts about Cygan IMO.
    Interesting to hear Mark Lawrenson on today FM yesterday saying Vierra is immense and the best at what he does in the world.Frightening considering he is very young yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I ain't over until the fat lady sings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Samba
    I ain't over until the fat lady sings

aint that the truth.

Jesus lads, theres still Easter to come and 5 points isnt that much. Ever consider a career of bookmaking in manchester ? :)

Obviously im biased since i support arsenal but they truly deserve to win the league this year. Watching the football is a joy (and it has been for the at least the last 4 years) as Andy Townsend said its like watching a team playing on a different planet.

However, it aint over yet. remember that bookie in manchester...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dead right on both point Dustaz but the difference is ye are playing great football and we are back to the same sh**e as we were before xmas

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by yop
    Dead right on both point Dustaz but the difference is ye are playing great football and we are back to the same sh**e as we were before xmas
    And thats exactly what happened last year. It's not looking too good for United at the moment...

On the upside, I just got my tickets for the scouse match in April today. One of the fixtures that I've missed out on in the last couple of years. I'm really lookin forward to it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

it's time for changes right from Fergie down !!

Stop talking b*ll*x. This is a ridiculous comment.

"3 of the best players in Europe and operate at a great level of consistency unlike , Scholes, Giggs and even Ruud !!"

Ruud is joint top scorer in the champions league, and has scored 28 goals for United this season by mid February and you want to see him dropped? Funny you should have picked Scholes also who to my min has been Uniteds player of the season so far.

The league is far from over, and both teams will drop points. United have to beat Arsenal in the league game, but they have already shown that they are capable of that this season. As for Giggs I think that he is coming back to good form. Far too much is being made of what was a missed shot. Yes it was a howler but it happens. He had scored three or four goals ion games leading up to that.

Arsenal probably are the best side in England but I would not get too upset about that. I do not think that the gulf is so wide as it was between United and the next best a few years ago when united were winning by 15+ points and the league was over by March. To be honest those days were kind of boring and I think it much better now especially with Chelsea and Newcastle keeping pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I Agree with waylander i cant see this been the end of Utd for the simple reason that they have so much money and can attract the top players in the world.

I Agree with waylander i cant see this been the end of Utd for the simple reason that they have so much money and can attract the top players in the world

Sposs - I think it is the end of them as far as winning the league this season, not as a team. They are far from going as a team and with the number of players in their mid twenties in the squad they still have a lot of winning in them.

I do think that if we lose next Sunday we can forget about winning anything this season but if we win it may well kick start the season again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I can't see Arsenal been stopped at this stage. Unless they slip up against Utd but that's doubtful at the moment. Arsenal are just a class side and inspiring to watch. To kill off a game in 19 minutes against a team that is in the top ten is chaampion predigree if I ever saw it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Arsenal are indeed a pelasure to watch.
    Anything can happen tho.. injuries..fluke results..etc etc

Aint over till its over even if Arsenal look very strong and likely to retain title :(

Advertisement