Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemon Jelly in Cork!

• 22-02-2003 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Was anyone here at the invite only Lemon Jelly gig in the Savoy in Cork last night?

Absolutely ace gig. Free beer (albeit Heineken), free Lemon Jelly lucky bag with lots of little goodies in, and bingo before the gig with deadly prizes. Oh, and they're brilliant live!

Two of my friends won helper tickets as well, they got backstage and got free t-shirts and drank champagne with the two lads from the band, who are apparently the nicest guys in music, they gave them two free tickets to the Dublin gig tonight. Grr!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I was there and left early. I was bored. I don't think they've mastered the live feeling at all. The crowd were good enough but might have been better if they knew who the **** Lemon Jelly were. Lots just got free tix and went without knowing that the band were about.

The deadly prizes you mentioned were tickets to the next heineken free gig and a signed poster. The bingo was utter ****e really. Show starts at 7.30 they said, but they never mentioned the gig was at 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Were you at the same gig? I thought people were having a great time, and it can't be helped if there were people there who didn't know who Lemon Jelly are, everyone seemed to be having fun, and as for the prizes, someone won iirc a print of their album art work which is worth £60 on their webstore, i'd have loved to have won that.

I've never been to a gig that started at the time stated on the ticket! They usually say 'Doors 7.30' and you know the gig won't start for a good hour after...

Stop raining on my parade you meanie :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Pity you didn't mention that you were going to this before the gig, coulda met up. I was looking forward to the gig actually but was disappointed. They said doors at 7pm but when people arrived they weren't ready. Maybe I was expecting too much. I thought the sound system sucked too. The music just didn't impact on me the way other shows have in the Savoy.

Advertisement