Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THe Ex

• 22-02-2003 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Has Anyone ever broken up with somone and then got to the point where a pure hatred broke out. I have even got to fistie cuffs with an ex. And another told "bad things " about me. Ill say no more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Never really gone out with anyone, per se, but there was a girl I was ****-buddies with for a while - I tried to make a clean break from her but damn, do you think she'd leave me alone??? NO! Christ, what I had to endure was amazing. Its hatred at 40 paces now, but the worst was when she turned the water-works on. I hate people crying at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pure hatred still exists after 4 years for me, and we dont speak or see each other so thats fine by me :). But im overjoyed where i am now, engaged with a beautiful woman by my side.
    The best thing is to try and stay out of the way i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Originally posted by Grimes
    ... And another told "bad things " about me....

I fúcking hate that crap. Its the lowest of the low. It only creates extremely bad vibes.

One of my ex's who broke up with me said that I freaked at her when we broke up, but all that happened was that I hugged her, and wished her well....... What a complete muppet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Yeah women are all bad....

Oh wait...

I havent had too many bad experiences with exs.... well not on my side anyway, had a few irrational experiences, where they threw sh!te at me that was absolutely nothing to do with me (ie. stuff that happened after we broke up) but apparently was my fault because I'd influenced them, i tend not to be friends with those people. No real hatred tho, not that i know of!

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I NEVER keep contact with any of my exes. Because generally, if you break up with them, its for a reason like that they did something bad on you.. And if they did that, well then they aren't a real friend, so why continue the friendship! Only causes hassle in the long run.

well having said that, if you perhaps break up on good terms maybe it is possible to remain friends..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yup. i have one ex who i went out of my way to hurt a while after we broke up coz he was so angry i dumped him. i am trying to force myself to see the error of my ways tho. we dont speak anymore now coz we know we'll just argue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

still get on with every woman i have ever been with. i don't let romance mess up friendships but i have seen people who do freak out over things their ex's do. kind of sad really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

i have a pure hatred for my ex. she was with me for six months adn she turned around and told me that she was pregnant to someone else. then she lost the baby and that was ****ed up and she is now a little sluuuut and i really hate her. its that she has lost all of her friends and she has absolutely no one left but the people who she has one night stands. not exactly the best company to ahve wouldnt you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I'm not on speaking terms with 'any' of my ex-girlfriends, except the Russian, who lives in Russia, so, it's kind of difficult to have a decent fight.

No wait, I can email any number of my ex's.

Most will not reply to mails and vice versa, perhaps it's a reflection on me, then again, perhaps, most of my girlfriends have turned out to be poisoned bitches.

Oh yes, that was it.

Except for my current girlfriend, who I love dearly....

......really I do she's great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Happy to say i am still good friends with all my ex's and so's my current girlfriend,so all's well tat ends well :) me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

No mine just dumped me on saturday night to be with someone else. It's a combination of many things too. I want to have a good break up and remain friends but i can't let it go. Lost have a stone in weight since, haven't eaten either. now i'm 9 stone and not only can i see my toes, I can see the back of my ankles too ;) God-damn first love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 devine

ya i had that experience but it not so bad u can solve it just dont talk to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

On speaking and, in some cases, sleeping terms with half of my Ex's. No contact with the other half - no malice involved, just no interest in keeping contact either.

The odd one still stalks me though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Thats the thing about stalking. For the first while, you don't mind them doing it, but after a while, it really pisses you off. I hate it when one of your friends comes up to you and says something like "xxxxx was asking me where you were" or "xxx was asking me what you were doing".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

stalking ex'es hmm.....

Ex of mine ran off to another country to an ex of theirs without telling me.

Good few months later ex turned up in my used to be local looking for me.
    Saying how they had to get back to Sweden in a day. ( I wasnt there)

Another couple months, ex turned up again looking for me in the pub I use to
    frequent. (I wasnt there)

Then ex searches the web for my email address.
    Harrassment begins.

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

On good terms with most of my ex's, although admittedly not great amounts of contact these days - just the distance of time more than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i generally prefer to stay friends with ex-peoples but sometimes that can be incredibly difficult...i dunno, i've gotten on well with pretty much everyone i've ever met so i don't see why that should stop because of a stupid misunderstanding...yeah, now i'm talking specifics...i shut up, methinks. :\
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AngelAine

I know a fella who gave his girlfriend (now ex) money before he broke up with her....Imagine! It was like here, thanks and bye. He met up with her, handed her the money and said Goodbye (and before you ask she wasn't a prostitute)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

(and before you ask she wasn't a prostitute) [/B]

She took the money didn't she :D:D:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Samba
    She took the money didn't she :D:D:D:p
    While it's difficult to understand his motives for offering this women money AngelAine, it is not unknown for some women to be fiscally motivated in relationships, and this can be, stangely enough, seen as a form of prostitution by many men.

As the old expression goes; the only difference between sex for money and sex for free, is sex for money costs less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TopGun

(and before you ask she wasn't a prostitute) [/B]

She took the money didn't she.....

Pure class!!!!!!

:p:p:D:D
    Well I broke up with herself 2 nites ago,within 5 minutes of braking up with her we were on non-talking terms.B*tch..90% of my ex's and me wont talk at all to each other .:rolleyes:
    It's great. They still txt and call me when they are in a drunken state. Its a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I was only kidding with ya Aine, couldn't resist the cheeky remark, sorry ;)

It is even common for women to be fiscally motivated Corinthian, which imo is very shallow and only leads to unhappy meaningless relationships whereby at the end of it they realise the error of their ways, but only when it is too late, which for me is karma, that may be a harsh thing to say but thats just my opinion.

I dont particularly see it as a form of prostitution as there is a fair bit more involved than just sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

during the twilight years of my life i have not broken up with someone and had any bad things happen. i have always maintanined a good relationship, or at least a speaking relationship, with anyone i have broken up.
    as for my college years, i dont count them as i was a pretty much an absolute fúckwit in those times and nothing like the person ive become since then.
    i dont see the need for there to be any anamosity. besides, if you are capable of talking, most people will understand why you are doing things, you will also understand why people will do things to you, like break up. so theres no reason why there should be any misunderstanding which leads to the fighting and the name calling and the darkside....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

When my ex broke up with me I can't say that I hated the girl but felt alot of resentment especially that the feeling wasn't mutual. But that's the same with alot of cases. I getr on alright with her nowadays and keep regular enough contact with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

i get on fine with most of my ex's and the ones i dont i dont give a bollix about, that is im not mean or cold to them i just take little or no notice of them or what they say.....it works for me.

Advertisement