Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best under-rated band ever?

Options
  • 22-02-2003 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I think there are loads of very good bands out their who really don't get the coverage they need out their! Many up and coming bands with loads of talent are being submerged by these teenybopping bands, westsquad this and blazing life that, i want to know like many others, what bands out there deserve our ears!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Dispatch. Fast becoming one of my favourite bands. Been 'round for years with some success but nowhere near as much as they deserve imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 RexLupus

Biohazard have inspired gazzilllions of Uber-rich rappin rockers from Cypress Hill to Slipnot to the Prodigy.

They make a few bob but christ look at the money those others make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I know I post this anytime any simmilar topic is going but whipping boy are in my opinion the most underrated band ever. Track down a copy of heartworm and you wont be dissapointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i always thought that brando were quite unappreciated by the vast majority. they really deserved to be bigger than they were.
    i miss them so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

the beatles...

• Advertisement

also gotta mention the crocketts. i thought "the great brain robbery" was a fantastic album :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Its got to be The Frames. They've never received the international recognition they deserve

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

iDLEWiLD

id hardly call idlewild under-rated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Nor the frames or biohazard for that matter, biohazard used to be real big around '96..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Megadude

Cornershop should be doing way better than they are. Their last album is bleedin great.

The Frames are predictable, typical, Irish singer songwiter muck. Tiny imaginations, tiny capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Tusky
    the beatles...

Since when have they been underrated?

The Velvet Underground for years were probably the most underrated band ever, even though they'd inspired nearly every band going. But I don't think you're asking about best underrated bands of all time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Kali
    Nor the frames or biohazard for that matter, biohazard used to be real big around '96..

Biohazard were big in 93-95. I loved my Biohazard TShirt. I got a biohazard belt buckle before Christmas. I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

the divine comedy, "fin de siecle" was their only major album, and a band that good deserve a lot more. i reccommend "a secret history" (their best of album) to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mansun are the most underrated band of all time. They just make great concept albums and even their b-sides are quality. Plust they are amazing live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

It has to be the Frames, cant be really anyone else.
    there not known anywhere apart from ireland and jesus not that big hear either :rolleyes: they f*ckin rock and ther enot like any other Irish band..

Well they probably pick up a good few meteor awards,

David Kitt too hes been around so long and got absolutely no tv attention.. just thought id mention him, he rocks:)

cart

P.S Biohazard were well famous about 5years ago, there just gone old.

lamb. they make beautiful beautiful music.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I'm not sure if they're still around, but Beautiful Creatures are v. good. They never got much airplay but I think you can still find their album in HMV.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Opeth
    Green Carnation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Megadude

Originally posted by Mewzel
    lamb. they make beautiful beautiful music.
    #

Lamb are brillo alright. And underrated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement