Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your fav radio station?

Options
  • 22-02-2003 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I want to knwo what is every1s favourite radio station and why? because to me they all seem useless minus radio1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

me thinks today fm, because of dadrock, and they play a lot of old stuff.
    wat is the best station for old music?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

A year or two ago I would have said Phantom, no doubt. But now I don't really listen to the radio as it's much more fulfilling to play a whole Winamp playlist of songs you KNOW you're gonna like :]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Jazz Fm because it er plays jazz, and occasionally hip-hop.

Today FM, because it's a good all round station, decent music, decent presenters, good news, good business show.

XFM, plays a lot of electronica and what not, again stuff you dont hear on mainstream radio all that often.

But like Pie, I usually just listen to my mp3s except on the way to college where I have to listen to Today FM and Ian Dempsey who isnt all that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

through a wireless i listen to Today FM because basically they wipe the floor with the competition down here.

when i'm at home it is either BBC Radio 2 or BBC 6 Music through the satellite dish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Phantom FM because they play good music in between the blink 182/sum 41 style teeny punk rock and Today FM because of gift grub and the last word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Todayfm for DadRock as was already said above

wish they would come up witha a decent website tho, www.todayfm.com is just terrible !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

only thing i listen to is here comes the night and headphones on today fm, and phantom any time i dont have my minidisc with me in the car.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

2fm or TodayFM. BBC Radio 1 and BBC 6 Music gets a listen too (on Sky).

Phantom FM is good but it doesnt stream too well on a crappy 28k dialup. Hope isdn is better at streaming.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

dont really listen to radio but i listen to phantom when i do :) not becoz it has the best music but it has feck all adds and no news/weather :) and also plays less mainstream stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've no particular favourite - but I listen to Dublin's FM104 in the mornings for the Strawberry Alarm Clock (rude/funny breakfast show - always a good laugh, and the traffic reports, etc. are handy) and sometimes their drive time show 'The Jam', Today FM for Tom Dunne's 'Pet Sounds' and Phantom FM for good music any time of the day (most of which I regrettably hadn't heard of before).

Used to listen to Lite FM quite a bit when driving - still sometimes switch over to it, and sometimes tune in to FM104 or 98FM's night time talk shows if I just want to have a laugh at the reliability of the stupidity of humanity... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Spin 103.8 FM have an interesting indie music program: "The Irish Alternative".

It's at 18.45 on Sundays and it's not too hard to get your music played in there

They have a website www.spin1038.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

gotta be phantom in my humble opinion. within half an hour you're bound to like at least one song played.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Mostly TodayFM, 2FM only for Jay Aherne on Sunday nights, Radio1 some times. I might listen to Phantom FM more when I get ASDL.

radio results of the boards music awards thing....

Best National Radio Station
    TodayFM (21) 51.22%
    2FM (10) 24.39%
    Radio One (5) 12.20%
    Lyric FM (5) 12.20%
    Total: 41 votes

Best Pirate, Online or Satellite Music Radio Station
    Phantom FM (38) 71.70%
    BBC Radio 1 (7) 13.21%
    XFM (5) 9.43%
    PowerFM (2) 3.77%
    NME.com Radio (1) 1.89%
    Total: 53 votes

Best Irish Music Radio Show
    Petsounds {Today FM} (18) 50.00%
    Jay Aherne {2FM} (7) 19.44%
    Here Comes The Night {Today FM} (6) 16.67%
    Dad Rock {Today FM} (4) 11.11%
    The Mystery Train {Radio One} (1) 2.78%
    Total: 36 votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭poeticallydead

I like radio1 for its quirky host, like coxy and moylesie and stuff! Am cool fm is ok for this thing called blind text, its really sad but you can laugh at the sad people saying, oh the boy who was driving a black car in belfast 3 weeks ago thinks the girl wearin a skirt is sooooo fit!, OMG that could be anyone who owns a skirt!!
    Radio is kind of talk more than music, if you ever listen to radio stations at like 12pm you get oldies but goldies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Lisa_Lavish

havent heard nethin gud since pulse 103.2 or the old energy 94 dat **** kennedy didnt wreck,quality pirate stations&its well proven that they were with most of the jocks been on legal radio now.
    I listen to spin which is gettin better or 2fm.
    if i was 2 listen 2 a ne pirates it wud probably b kiss or nova

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SuburbanDreamer

I'm not in Ireland, but I like Irish 2FM (on AM, ironically) when I'm travelling to and from college - the signal unfortunately goes off about half way between the college in Crewe and my house 15 miles away. The mix and variety of music is good and the presenters are pleasant enough. :) I can't comment on Today FM which seems to be the most popular, as you can only hear it in one place, a local B&Q car park for some reason. :(

In UK radio I like the new digital station (also on satellite) - 1Xtra.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eric_the_head

I listen to Phantom quite often, particularly Ray McGowan and Paul Clarke. TodayFM in the morning with Ian Dempsey is still the best show in the mornings although i do listen to David McWilliams on Newstalk 106 an odd time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i would say that ICON with paul clarke on wednesday nights on phantom is worth a listen. gives a pretty good insight into the upcoming irish bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 LoopyBum

... Today FM...

...because the presenters aren't overpaid boring sh1ts like 2FM (I like only Larry Gogan on 2).

:p

Advertisement