Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna go off topic? Come on in!

• 22-02-2003 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

This is roger. Of the clan bongos. Of the house bongos.
    I have a plan. Im not a great advocate of sticking exactly, or even near to the thread subject. Therefore to reduce the nember of threads, and make less work for the admins (merc has to work on the things that go on in Cappagh people) i've created this random chat thread.

So u guys like connor and his genetically named freinds can slag each other all you want, its also open for sterile fish and me tryin to wind each other up, and for chadas complaining about us all. Throw in a sprinkling of deehans "old skool" and agreeing with dan,possible phado posts and arkans mysterious posts, i think we'll have the makings of a good thread.

Go wild and crazy! (staying within the rules of the forum of course)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Ive seen teh northern span thread.

This is me slapping myself in the head.

And getting random passers by to kick me in the ass. Anyone else got a suitable punishment. (And NO to your banning ideas chada!)
    :rolleyes: (its a chada thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

delete Axes and keep this one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

Yes roger, a slap on the head is wot u deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sorry to be pedantic but the title of the thread is inviting people to go off topic. If one goes off topic on a thread that implies that people should go off topic - people should surely stay on topic. :p
    I've just confused myself and feel nautious.

Anyway, to keep with the title of the thread... or not as the case may be.

I like cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

Roge Mallon who lives in the Air Drum?

What excactly is he on about when he says cake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah I was wondering Mercie. Wasn't sure if you knew that Bard was me and I was Bard at the time! I should've gotten back to you quicker. Understand about the overwork, sorry to hear that matey.

Oh and ok, no more cake round these parts! :(

:)

• Advertisement

Sorry to be pedantic but the title of the thread is inviting people to go off topic. If one goes off topic on a thread that implies that people should go off topic - people should surely stay on topic.

Ah but if the point of the thread is to go off topic (a random rant, or a chat via posts) then nobody is going off topic as there is no topic.

Or anotehr way to look at it is. If the topic is going off topic then everybody can do exactly that.

Now if that hasnt confused you i dont know what will.

(:rolleyes: its a chada thing)

If you dont want anyone to go off topic then you should have the topic as " " and then that invites everyone to talk about anything, whereas if the topic is "going off topic" then surely people are only allowed to talk about things like...why people go off topic, what sort of threads go off topic more easily...etc...

dwaine...shut up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

Dio Aquerdo to quote Conor. I agree, if going off topic is the topic, then everyone is surely talking about the topic, as the topic is everything, and nothing is off topic, as off topic is the topic. If everyone should start talking about something in particular, as most people are doinmg with messages such as the one i am currently typing, that is still off topic, as there is no real topic, yet there is a topic, so that cannot be true, therefore, I am talking absolute rubbish. This thread is therefore a contradiction, as no-one can post a message that is off topic, therefore, no-one can reply to the original message. If you want my advice, go to the "Northern Spam" thread, it isn't a contradiction.

I am confused too.

Ill start off with :rolleyes: (its a chada thing)

Then i will slap the doubters. You know what i meant. The thread is called 'wanna go off topic?' its in invitation to do exactly that.

I will now provide you with an example of the point of this thread. After all the posts that have been said, i can now say,

"So lads, what about that weather we're having"

Genious.

We thought we were bad!
    This is what it was like before the convent hit this forum.

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70990

just change the last 5 numbers in your browser to 70990

This is stil a stupid and pointless thread theres a place to talk about anything in general thats called "After Hours"!!!!

No Daren i wont shut up...lol.

Some of us dont know chada so would you like to explain who he is?!?

the weather we have is bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭poeticallydead

....2+2=5

kind of a stupid thread

but then when you look at the people on here, wouldn't surprise you

Ill have you know i am really intelligent in a stupid kinda way..
    the weather we have is bad

tsh..this is called spam!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭poeticallydead

ok ironbrew

we all "believe" you

you should all watch 24 tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

sorry.. once again....

spamming ....

read here
    thread is closed