Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Richard Dunne

• 22-02-2003 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Surely the most useless donkey of a centre-back in the premiership? I'm convinced he's only in the Ireland squad to make Breen look good.

When ManCity eventually sack him Arsenal should give him a contract to act as the four man wall for their free kicks during training. At least he's immobile and wide enough to do that much. ... plus a few whacks in the face with the ball might wake him up for once!

Comments

maybe your possibly too harsh. Consider Dunne, at least he put in an effort + no one is bringing Steve Howeys incompetence to attention.

Also, i didnt see anyone start a thread about Dunne, when he got man of the match vs newcastle a couple of weeks ago.

1st goal no one marked Bergkamp(Jihai or Howeys responsibility) and Dunne was occupied by the man nearest the crosser.

2nd goal was a reasonable pass from Dunne which Sun Jihai never ran for. who's as fast as thierry henry btw?

3rd was in fairness Dunnes fault as he should not let a ball go over his head that easy.

4th was Howeys fault as Sol Campbell bet him in the air easy enough.

5th. Dunne was gone off and surprise, surprise, City were still boll*x in defence. Arsenal just sat back after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Yes Dunne had a bad game over the weekend, but I dont think hes that bad at all. Keegan has been raving about him since he got back into the Man City team, so to call him the "most useless donkey of a centre-back in the premiership" is a bit harsh imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Besides that title definitely belongs to Gary Breen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Well he is prone to a donkeyish mistake or three. He reminds me off the Honey Monster i.e - big broad immobile 'thing'.

I rate him as highly as I rate Gary Breen:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

while dunne may of had a bad game it wasnt his fault the whole team were sh!t!!! not just him thiugh saying that the arsenl keeper made a few fine saves to deny fowler!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by Waylander
    Besides that title definitely belongs to Gary Breen.

Or Repka!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 smitzer

V. stupid idea by Kev Keg to play three at the back against arsenal. I think dunne was left isolated against henry on the right side of citys defense far too often.
    A part from letting the ball over his head for one of the goals i wouldnt fault him too much. Put any other center back one on one with Henry in that much space and there will only ever be one result.
    Now if there was a full back along side him?? Dont expect our kevin has ever heard of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by smitzer
    V. stupid idea by Kev Keg to play three at the back against arsenal. I think dunne was left isolated against henry on the right side of citys defense far too often.
    A part from letting the ball over his head for one of the goals i wouldnt fault him too much. Put any other center back one on one with Henry in that much space and there will only ever be one result.
    Now if there was a full back along side him?? Dont expect our kevin has ever heard of those.
    yeah he had too much area to cover and no help from his mid-field as for 3 in the back keegan should be shot!!!

Originally posted by smitzer

Well said Smitzer i couldnt have said it better myself.
    Originally posted by cianoOr Repka!

by the way i think tomas repka is indeed sh*t and makes gary breen look horrendous. breen is also not as bad as people make out. lacking in strength and pace certainly but a good sweeper.
    If Dunne and Breen were that bad how did Ireland qualify for a World cup from the same group as Portugal and Holland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Dunne was just soooo exposed bad bad tactics by Keegan and i think he realised it after it was too too late.

Never ever play 3 at the back against arsenal you need your wing backs and also your midfleid wingers to cover the flanks against them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Does everyone Henry roast get labelled a donkey??

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Does everyone Henry roast get labelled a donkey??
    No, just big fat eejits called Richard Dunne.

Advertisement