Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the white stripes

Options
  • 23-02-2003 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

it's come up in nostalgic music and i thought i'd start a thread to see what people's opinions are...

i think the white stripes' songs are really great,but jack is a bit of a ****e singer.he's got an interesting voice,i'll give him that,but he keeps friggin singing out of tune!argh!very annoying.that wont stop "fell in love with a girl" from being my current favourite song in the universe,though...

what do the rest of you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

!) Youre right. The singer DOES suck.

2) They start with "THE". That's like calling your band Duffy And The Fluffingtons(There is a band called that in my school). Instant credibility vaccuum.

3) Notice- They suck.

4) To get an idea of the White Stripes sound, try to imagine the Rolling Stones. Coming out of my ass. (I watch too much Triumph)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Ignoring everything else, the video for "Fell In Love With A Girl" was ****in' A baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Ok... Garóg, you're wrong. Bob, you're right.

As for you Aideen... <points to music forum>. Now hang your head and say "Doh".

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Sven, don't be so mean!

Don't pay attention to him Éadaoin!

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    tons of ****e speak

Erm, relax and take a ****ing break. Offer your opinion in a constructive fashion, not an abusive one.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

garog,stop being an ass.you like THE beatles,yes?

sven,i wanted the opinions of the people here,not the people in the music forum.so there.

thank you ian,you're great.

and yes,the video for "fell in love with a girl" is feckin brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

they aren't all that bad, people.. i quite like some of their stuff.
    and that video IS brilliant. :)

and the fact that they may not be thought of as the best band in the world doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they have THE in their name. just think of all the brilliant bands with THE in their name. and now realize that it is em.....a point without a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

Yeah i think they're good, but aside from that who's comin to slane? The line up is friggin fantastic!!! All must come!!!!! Twil be like one giant reunion!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

i'll be THERE.

Advertisement