Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Chelsea finish 3rd??

• 23-02-2003 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Have Chelsea any chance of finishing 3rd this yr. 3 pts off newcastle = a game in hand down to them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, im an optimistic supporter, come on chelsea, we want to see some clas matches next season in the champions leauge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Obviously a lot depends on both clubs next league game on March 1st, coincidenally .... against each other.

Chelsea do effectively have a seven point gap to close on Newcastle but a win for them at St.James would wipe 3 away just like that.

Also Chelsea IMHO have an easier run in with only 4 away games left (3 of which are at table-proppers Sunderland, West Brom and West Ham) so they have a very good chance to take maximum points between now and the end of the season if they can keep their heads about them.

In short I would say ... YES Chelsea have a very good chance of coming third. But ask me again on March 2nd and I might have a totally different opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I think Newcastle might pip Chelsea to 3rd spot. I thought the toons defence would cause them problems and they'd slip down the table as usual. Attacking-wise they look pretty lethal with Robert, Jenas, Dyer and Solano, easily the fastest most attack-minded midfield in the Premiership...:eek:

Liverpool to pip Chelsea into fourth spot also...

:D

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

There is a good argument to be made for newcastle finishing 2nd surely and chelsea having to look at uni'eh for third?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Dustaz
    There is a good argument to be made for newcastle finishing 2nd
    or 1st. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I don't care anymore..Liverpool are officially the worst team I have ever seen....in any sport. Birmingham made them look like a struggling 2nd division side.

I am sick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

imo
    arsenal 1st
    man u 2nd
    newcastle 3rd
    chelsea 4th

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cannot see them getting past 4th, Everton are still there with a chance of 4th. I think they honestly deserve it but if Chelsea were to get into 3rd or 4th then then fair play, would like to see Zola win something this year, fantastic player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Hopefully the class is there to beat Newcastle on Saturday, and then hope that they slip up in their game in hand. There would be no shame in finishing 4th to Newcastle, but with Liverpool and Everton both to visit the Bridge, finishing below 4th would be a major bottling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

"United and Arsenal to get bogged down with Champs League and Newcastle to pip both of them to the Title" - I can but dream :)

Stranger things have happened. But the Geordies are doing as well as anyone in the CL themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Hugs-E

It wouldn't be surprised if Everton finsihed 4th ahead of Chelsea and I for one think they deserve it. They've played really good football under David Moyes and barring any major slip ups and a few defeats by Chelsea would see them sneaking thru the back door.

My prediction :

1. Arsenal
    2 Man U
    3. Newcastle
    4. Everton

>a few defeats by Chelsea

Yeah I can't see Chelsea losing many more though. Chelsea have to play both Liverpool and Everton at home, so 4th place is in their own hands. Its going to be interesting though, tomorrow morning's game will tell us a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm a chels supporter too I was at the rovers game at the bridge and if it wasn't for Freidle we would have won but there was no fluency to our game at all.
    Can we finish 3rd? realistically I'm hoping we finish 4th I'm reading in the papers how our CL dream is over nonsense we're still 4th and a far superior gf to Everton.
    My concern is there is no one apart from the little magician Zola who can supply the killer pass to the forwards Frank has had a very good season but isn't really that kind of player, creativity wise.
    most underrated player in the PL
    Le Saux: can cross a ball as good as anyone.

Yeah, one of the few sensible things that Mark Lawrenson football prostitute has been saying lately is that Le Saux should be included in the England squad during the summer. I have to say I agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The secnod half against Newcastle was painful no creativity JFH was like an old man and Gronkajer andn suprisingly Melhiot were absolutely appaling, Cole should have come on sooner for Hasselbaink, Newcastle had the cutting edge we didn't.

Advertisement