Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Dusk Til Dawn

Options
  • 23-02-2003 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

It was on BBC there tonight.
    I forgot just how much I liked this film. George Clooney really does a good job imo.
    Quite a few cool one liners in this film, but I'm sure everybody here nows all this already. Must add it to my dvd collection.

"What were they?, Like psychos?"
    "No psychos dont explode when sunlight hits them, I dont care how crazy they are"
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

aye,
    saw it myself tonight,
    have it on video ubt i tought it was banned in Ireland a few years ago when it first came out?am i wrong, dunno why i think that but thats what i remember about it, great film imo.:)
    pity about all the women turnin ugly on you:)

cart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ya thats a cool film, starts like bank robbers runing from the law type film
    then all of a sudden there's freakin vampires everywhere!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yes, great film.

Its still banned over here its just that t was shown on BBC and through some 'freak accident' we are able to get BBC over here :)

Typical Robert Rodriguez movie i must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I refused to watch it last night, because you just know that BBC will have cut it to ribbons. Great film and all, but I couldn't watch anything like that if there was anything cut from it. So I watched The Fifth Element instead.

Heres a list of all the films banned in Ireland.

Bad Lieutenant

Dobermann

Driller Killer, The

Evil Dead, The

From Dusk Till Dawn

From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money

Idioterne

Perdita Durango

Pro urodov i lyude

Romance

Showgirls

Ulysses

Whore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Was Ulysses not un-banned???

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Um,

Why is Showgirls banned?

Are you sure about The Evil Dead? its going for €15 in my local
    Extravision?

Ment to take The Evil Dead out. Its available now but heavily cut.

It is the Anchor Bay UK version with no cut's.

Just a head's up for anyone that want's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Isn't Driller Killer available in some oddly-cut form? Like they cut 50 seconds, but added another 4 minutes (most likely a gross exaggeration) elsewhere? Did I dream this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

Darko u sure that list is accurate? I mean what criteria did they use for banning those films? Eeny Meeny? Rock-Paper-Scissors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

from dusk till dawn isnt banned afaik ive rented it from local small time video store b4 cant remember if it is cut or not. Evil dead(uncut) version is availible to rent somewhere too, cant remember where, dont know about the rest, ive seen doberman while i was in frace when it came out, no english subtitles so all i could do is watch, it was still highly entertaining....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Didnt think Perdita Duranga was banned here...

To add to the list...

Natural Born Killers
    The Idiots

Seamus Smith lifted bans when he got into office on...

Clockwork Orange
    Ulysess
    Life Of Brian (!)

To add to the list...Natural Born Killers

Natural Born Killers is now legal in Ireland. But there has been talk of re-banning it. Good film saw it years ago on Bravo.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Looking at Darkos list I was thinking did the church or church goers have any thing to do with the banning any of them, The Life Of Brian being banned in the past makes it look like I could have being right, which is sad really.

Do the Irish Censers Office have to give a reason for banning a film?

Does anyone know if Last House On The Left is legal in Ireland. I know its being released uncut in England this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    I refused to watch it last night, because you just know that BBC will have cut it to ribbons. Great film and all, but I couldn't watch anything like that if there was anything cut from it. So I watched The Fifth Element instead.

I dont think they cut it at all. Unless when Channel 4 show it they cut it too, because there were no differences.

Originally posted by monument
    Looking at Darkos list I was thinking did the church or church goers have any thing to do with the banning any of them, The Life Of Brian being banned in the past makes it look like I could have being right, which is sad really.

Do the Irish Censers Office have to give a reason for banning a film?

Afaik the irish censors board comprised mainly or a priest, or bishop or something. I think the church still has a big part in the irish censory board but up until a few years ago thats all they were, a board run by a backward uptight repressed member of the clergy, no wonder everything was banned in this country with cuunts like that in power.....

>>>Does anyone know if Last House On The Left is legal in Ireland. I know its being released uncut in England this year.<<<

Its not uncut.

From the BBFC website.

To obtain this category cuts of 0m 31s were required. The cuts were Compulsory.
    Cuts required to humiliation of woman forced to urinate, violent stabbing assault on woman and removal of her entrails, and woman's chest carved with a knife. Cuts required under the Video Recordings Act 1984 and BBFC Classification Guidelines

Despite the cut's I'll still get it as there are some great extra features on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

What about From Dusk till dawn 3, "the hangmans Daughter"? is that banned here as well? I've seen it a few times and its probable (IMOHO) the best of the dusk till daw films.

• Advertisement

na its not availible here you can get all three in britian but only the first one here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

hehehe

Come on in pu55y lovers!!!!

we got white pu55y, black pu55y, yellow pu55y, snappy pu55y..
    sniiiiiiffff!!! smelly pu55y!!!!!

lol classy film ;-)

Later
    Macker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

I think that should have been " Smmeeeelllyyy Pu...."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Dear god people behave yourselves.

They films got worse as they went along really. The first was great. Second was... well... awful. Except for that Bruce Campbell cameo! :)
    Third was dire. Really didn't like that at all. Despite having mr Jango Fett in it.

For more info on what scenes were cut from films (and sometimes, including pictures) check out

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk

Advertisement