Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you know you have played too many video games when...

Options
  • 23-02-2003 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

I know I've been playing too much Mario Sunshine when, instead of simply walking up stairs, I jump up them shouting "Hoo!", "Wah!" and "Yahoo!"

Or GTA VC looking at a car saying to myself........hmm i could have that :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

you know youve been playing too much counter strike when you spend 12 hours + **** in your room ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

whats to stop u **** while playing cs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

When you mutter win quotes of Soul Calibur and other fighting games under your breath and possibly strike a pose when noone is around :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If I don't play games for 2 days I get shakes in my hands and cravings. Also when I sort something out i'm known to hum the victory fanfare tune from final fantasy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've also got the chocobo theme and others from final fantasy as my ringtones on my mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

I've also got the chocobo theme and others from final fantasy as my ringtones on my mobile.

ive got the jenova battle music from ff7 as my ring tone.

How about listening to the wipeout 3 soundtrack for the entire day in work and having masses of theme music from various japanese computer games on your mp3 player.

mmm nothing like a bit of zone of the enders theme music followed by hikari and suteki da ne to freak people out when your on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

You know you've been playing Championship Manager too much when you shout "Where's Cherno Samba?" when Sky Sports show Heskey is playing up front.

You know you've been playing too much Resident Evil when you stop at the end of your stairs at home and in your mind you see an overhead map of your house. Then you try to figure out the shortest, least zombie-riddled route to your bedroom. (actually happened to me :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

When outside anywhere ,start looking around for where would be a could place to snipe from :D

Or strafing instead of turning.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

When your right finger twitches when you think you can hear the sounds of Germans talking. :eek: DER TEUFEL!!!

...actually happened Saturday night after a serious bout of Medal of Honor GC...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Haw! I spend most of my time casing places, tracing light sources, cameras, sniper points, exits etc.. Too much sneaking around in Thief methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

...when youre studying a Computer Games Technology course at university :)

A

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

When you are praying in Church and wondering if God will send you a Bull Minotaur .... (Age of Mythology) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

When you have 100 cents in 1c coins, you think "extra life" before 1 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by Retr0gamer

It's only slightly better than the flight of tha Valkyries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

When yur drivin down a country lane, you can almost hear Nicky Grist shouting in ear, "200 OVER CREST INTO FAST LEFT ....TIGHTENS...... CAUTION OVER BUMPS .....INTO EASY RIGHT DONT CUT!..."
    :D LOL
    (from ColinMcRae Rally3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

when youre in de_dust in your dreams :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by KdjaC
    When outside anywhere ,start looking around for where would be a could place to snipe from :D

Or strafing instead of turning.

kdjac
    Or wondering if any places would make a good CS map, a common topic of convo with me and my LAN friends these days, we have concluded our bus depot would make a great bomb map :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

When you throw a tennis ball around shouting GO SQUIRTLE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

I'm just waiting for the day that Liffey Valley food court is transformed into a CS level, all the little fire exits, and the beams and the escalators... Often discussed will devouring KFC ....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

When you're playing a preview copy of Rise of Nations and nearly get to the end of your nations advancement, then thinking to your self… Saturday night, err… was I not planning to go out tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

When, after a heavy days lannage and drinking you and your mates think it sounds like fun to bunny hop down to one of their houses and try to "water ski" across puddles (á la Tribes)...

/me shakes head in rememberance....

Advertisement