Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lack of scumbags?

Options
  • 23-02-2003 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has the amount of scumbags (You know the type, white tracksuits, cheap gold jewelry) in Dublin city centre gotten smaller? Im in town every day of the week, and lately (past 6-8 weeks) ive noticed how few of them there is..
    Before christmas you would walk by 1 every couple of minutes.. but now they seem to have disappeared?! Im not complaining i think this is a great thing! just unusual is all...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

maybe they've got new tracksuits to blend in.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Don't get too excited, they are just hibernating (tracksuits not really suitable for the cold weather).
    Re-infestation in the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

strange that, i thought with the spike goin up there be alot more of them. somethin that big and shiny is bound to attract herds of skangers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I HAET SCUME BAOGS !

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

maybe the style has changed ?

they're all wearing polonecks and drinking frappés in the 'Bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I figure, around Crimbo they all converge anywhere within a mile radius of Claire's Accessories . During the Winter they are working off the price of that plastic ring " day got dayor burd",or their child. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

having to work in D1 i still see shìtloads of them everyday...

and there has been a general increase in the amount of them hanging about/around the estate i stay on in D6 :mad:

no wonder i woke up a good few mondays ago to no saddle/front wheel on my bike :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

one solution,

over piced while track suits laced with anthrax, that should sort them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Where have you guys been? skanger fashion has evolved. Its no longer tracksuits, but a pair of really tight faded blue levi's or wranglers with a pair of big white trainers and an umbro jumper.

I was walking down henry street with a lady friend, when three skangers approached me asking me for "sum munnie". So i gave them 25cent, and remarkably they moved along to the next guy. God i love dublin, i can see why irish people when they actually make some money, flee the country in pursuit of life without skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    ...when three skangers approached me asking me for "sum munnie". So i gave them 25cent....

Don't encourage them... PLEASE! :eek: We'll never have any peace :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    track suits laced with anthrax, that should sort them out
    Where have you guys been? skanger fashion has evolved.

well itd at least sort out the retro skangers :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I was walking down henry street with a lady friend, when three skangers approached me asking me for "sum munnie". So i gave them 25cent, and remarkably they moved along to the next guy.
    Nice move :)
    Might try monopoly money next time tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Where have you guys been? skanger fashion has evolved. Its no longer tracksuits, but a pair of really tight faded blue levi's or wranglers with a pair of big white trainers and an umbro jumper.

sounds more like skanger fashion c1986!

(except then it used to be plaid jeans with hoodies - the mental picture of which brings back a few nightmares from my youth)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

jesus I just wonder where the hell they all come from,
    thankfully most of em grow out of it by about 22ish ....

having gone to school with a bucket load of em on the northside,
    I can now thankfully say most of them have matured out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Your wrong they don't were umbro tops anymore now its Carbrini hoodies

Speaking of the ones who ask for money, I HATE THOSE ****S! "Eh i'm sorry bud , i don't mean ta be rude but I just come back from England and I'm just looking to raise the price of a hot meal. Haveya got any spare change?" And then he says the same thing the next day:)

Maybe they should put them to good use and let doctors do experiments on them or something so it can observed what nutrients can be extracted from them for our own personal use.

This has been my 100th post special!:D :D:D

i preffered your afro style avatar tbh caesar..

seemed to suit you alot more :p

I was in town a couple of months ago, and was waiting to meet someone outside the virgin megastore on the quays. From nowhere this guy walks straight up to me, real close, his face in mine and did the whole spare some change 'cos I am homeless routine, I dug my hand in my pocket and gave him what I later estimated to be around €4.

As he was walking away for me counting his ill-gotten loot, he turned around to smile at me and give me a thumbs up, it was only then I noticed the bastard was wearing a white tracksuit, it must be very difficult keeping clean living on the streets and all ... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

They've all moved to limerick.

i preffered your afro style avatar tbh caesar..

Yeah, i decided to change when to my dismay is seen ironbrew with the same avatar :mad:. I chopped off my afro and came to terms with being white, so i feel as if this new avatar suits and resembles me more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Nooooooo!

Don't give them money! Just avoid making eye-contact and walk away from them as fast as possible. Giving them money will just encourage them (as Mutz already said).

• Advertisement

the most i ever gave was 20 cent - I didn't mean to b that stingy but i didn't want to spend too much time rooting in my wallet with him there gawking right at me in case he noticed the wad of orange bills that was too lazy to deposit in the bank:D
    Anyway the ****er didn't even say thanks after it! Some people , so ungratefull :cool:
    Speaking of beggers the worst one is on the millenium footbridge. He hurls abuse at u when u try to avoid him. you'd think he'd b used to it by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Has anyone seen the short guy panhandling around Dame St with the card stating that he is deaf and dumb. He comes up with the card and points to his ear?? About 40?? you know the one...

Well I saw him about 2 months ago walking down Dame St at about 3 in the afternoon, chatting away to some woman....

Ill Begotten Spawn Of Some Forsaken Loins!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah I know the guy. I'd say he probably is deaf though, he could have been lip reading and I think he has a hearing aid.

Although I almost spat out what I was eatihng when he showed me a sign saying "please give me £2". 2 Pounds like!, not just one, or some money - 2. Some balls indeed!

I used to workk in a shop in Temple bar when some guy came in wanting to exchange his coins for notes. He lopped 50 pounds on the counter and I gave him fifty notes and asked if that was a good day. He said quite happily that it was just an hour or two on the ha'penny bridge! Jeez i almost gave up my day job.

I'm sure there must be some in honest need but I don't give anyone money these days as all i can see are people that leave their whisky strewn blankets on the street after a night along with their half eaten food and drink waste. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

No, I watched this sham for a couple of minutes with a friend of mine. We both discussed him as we watched... He was talking to her as he walked side by side, without making eye contact...

Oh and he has a mobile phone!!!!!!

the city council should really be doing something serious about this ...

i ran into a guy on grafton street that couldnt speak yet pointed to the phone indicating that he needed money for phone. He couldnt speak as in he COULDNT speak, wtf do you need a phone for..

and no im not joking, never really got over that one.

or the time where a gypsie was asking me for cash and her feckin mobile phone rang. I told her to **** off.....

You told her to f*ck off? Fair play to ya:D

The only sight i hate more than a bum is a gypsie. What are they doing here? They came all the way to this country to beg for bleedin money. well i say try england its pretty much the same deal:cool:

The only sight i hate more than a bum is a gypsie. What are they doing here? They came all the way to this country to beg for bleedin money. well i say try england its pretty much the same deal

eh its more or less their culture to do this,
    I have seen em in Solvenia, Germany, UK, France (big style ... bastards are everywhere on the metro) .... not mention Cork, Kells, Galway, Ashbourne, Cavan, Dublin, Belfast, Coleraine etc ...

and they are always begging ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

This is Syd_Vicious speaking...

I've seen that guy who is deaf with the card asking for money. He's always hanging around Crumlin Shopping Centre during the week hounding everybody who walks past him

He's come up to me twice showing me his card asking for money. I've never given him any

Hate that guy (not really hate but he annoys the hell out of me)

This has been Syd_Vicious speaking...

• Advertisement

Ladies and gentlemen that has been syd vicious.

Come on guys its Dublin, we should have come to terms with the scum by now.

Advertisement