Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

transferring collage

• 23-02-2003 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

i was wondering how would i go about transfering collage
    i am doing applied computing in LIT [first year] and last year i did a PLC course in Information Technology & an ECDL course [yes i know a waste of time] i wanted to transfer to computer systems in UL, does anyone know if this is possible?? do i have to go through the CAO or can i apply directly??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

im in computer systems second year its very ****ing tough you'd better be sure you really want to do it. We lost about half our class from first year already and that was a class of about 200 now its somewhere around 100 with a few repeating second year. Otherwise ul is class and so is our computer building in whick we spend most of our day. Im on co-op now had to get it myself as college only placed roughly 50% of the class the rest are doin nothing or else they got it themselves. Not sure about transferring but you should be able to do it directly get on to someone n lit and they'll tell you if its possible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Last years class was something of a monster all right - Dave Burns reckons that there was an element of some mammies telling their kids to go and do that IT thing in 2001 while it seemed like a licence to print money. This year's first year class is about half the size (even with a few repeats included). The CSIS building is pretty nice - a nice improvement over the days when it was in the Schuman building (and that wasn't even that bad).

Have a chat to someone in LIT like mooman said. I'd also call UL admissions (phone 061-202700 amd ask for Admissions) and ask them what the story is - they'll be the ones admitting you after all. And do it quickly - if it turns out you have to go through the CAO you'll have to apply soon. You might be able to get off first year (assuming you've done c++ there's nothing of any consequence in the year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i am doing Java and RPG, i was kind of thinking about it and i might wait till i get my cert then transfer to second year would give me more of an advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

ya but then you'll miss first year as sceptre said you do nothing of value in the year making it the most important year of the course where you develop enough bad habbits that'll ensure that you struggle to make it through the rest of the course, you dont want to be comming out with honours do you? :):) And i dont appricate that comment about my mammy, my mammy says i can do what ever course i like and my mammy says ill be big and famous and my mammy says not to listen to people like you....sceptre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

:D

I guess he was talking about some of the people who went MIA then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

if you can't spell college you should transfer back to primary school!!

Advertisement