Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlton era Ireland Highlight tapes?

• 23-02-2003 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on the lookout for a bunch of Ireland videos namely the ones for the world cup finals of 90 and 94, euro 88 and the 90 qualifier games. Does anyone know if these tapes can still be bought anywhere or even what companies produced them in the aid of tracking them down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

i recorded a couple of good rte programs of the charlton years and another italia 90 program, dunno if they were available to buy. Ask rte

rte had a whole friday night of those soccer programs about a year ago, very good stuff, so emotional when they showed people screaming and crying in pubs around ireland after dave o'leary's penalty.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah, I got one of those Charlton era tapes at Mick McCarthy's first game in charge against Russia. They were giving them out for free as far as I can remember. Its more or less the same as the one shown on RTÉ apart from a few bits cut out of it to save the FAI some money (big surprise!). I still watch it the odd time when I'm bored.

Advertisement