Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham - Liverpool - Latest Score

• 23-02-2003 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Birmingham 2-0 Liverpool (69mins)

You've gotta wonder if Liverpool will make the the top 8 this season let alone a Champions League place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

What is GH playing at? Since when is Bruno Cheryou a central defender? His decisions are just getting better and better.

Liverpool won't make the CL now IMO. In fact I don't think I want them to either. Maybe they can start concentrating on domestic football for a while.

Bring on the slagging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Birmingham 2 1 Liverpool

I was listening to the Five commentry
    and they were damning. Its obvious that the top 4 is out of reach, and like
    jonno maybe a season without european football would'nt be a bad thing but only if Houllier is sacked.
    Then rebuilding team spirit and a positive attitude can begin.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Just watched the game.

I was in tears when Bir'ham went 2-0. I just don't know anymore.

He defo made the wrong descision in taking Carragher off. It should have been Taore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

GH needs his head read but in all honesty guys the players arent good enough ,its as simple as that.
    I cannot believe im saying it but its the truth.

I tend to belive that players reflect the managers skill, if he plays players out of position, makes bizarre
    substitutions, and so on, that undermines confidence look whats happened to Owen he does'nt know from one game to the next who his partner will be or even if he'll be starting.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i just want to say well done to Birmingham City. they played their arses off and deserved it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Class result, great move playing 4 strikers and leaving 3 at the back!

Definately must go down as the biggest flop team for a long long time.

Referee was rubbish for both teams, some over the top tackles from the brummies but some strange decisions for the scouse.

But at the end of the team with the heart and determination won out.

Sundays final will be interesting.

We are playin sh*te and scouse are playin as bad so are we going to have a crap final or a final will loads of goals!

Gwan the super brummies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Do you actually read your posts before pressing the post button ???

Anyway, poor performance, poor in attack, poor in defence. Couldn't really be expected to win.

Don't fancy Liverpool in the final but they often raise the bar a bit in the big games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Very good point Thanx, that is in relation to Yop not reading his posts.

It really is getting tiresome seeing you use the word Scouser any time Liverpool is Mentioned, I think alot of people are also getting sick of it, please refrain from nonsensical childish remarks in future, its getting damn boring.

Sorry didn't even see the match.

Looking forward to the match on Sunday, I just hope Liverpool are up for it, winning could make a big difference to the team.

Houllier was making all sorts of excuses for the defeat but Danny Murphy did'nt he just said what was obvious - they played poorly and did'nt want to win as much as the Blues did.

I see the final on Sunday is on SKY. Boo! :mad:

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Do you actually read your posts before pressing the post button

Do you have to comment on every single post I make. Pathetic really
    Sorry didn't even see the match.

If you want to be petty Samba and agree with ttf then I saw the scouse match so am in a better situation to comment than you.
    It really is getting tiresome seeing you use the word Scouser any time Liverpool is Mentioned,

Plenty of threads on this
    Danny Murphy did'nt he just said what was obvious

Fair fucs to him. He was yer best player last season but from what I see he seems to be messed about by GH this season or has he been injured?
    I see the final on Sunday is on SKY. Boo

I think it has been for a good while Mike, twats have everything taken, only a matter for time until they try for the CL and Uefa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Samba
    It really is getting tiresome seeing you use the word Scouser any time Liverpool is Mentioned...
    Originally posted by yop
    Plenty of threads on this

Yea... you'd think you'd get the message by now.

Yea... you'd think you'd get the message by now.

That pool are called scousers, yes youd think he would ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by yop
    I think it has been for a good while Mike, twats have everything taken, only a matter for time until they try for the CL and Uefa

ITV Sport had the League Cup for a couple of seasons so thankfully Sky got it back

Sky have already suceeded in getting the rights to the Champions League. from next season they will show every game except the 2 games ITV will show on a Tuesday. Sky's coverage will be using an interactive menu so it looks like it's only Sky Digital subscribers that will get all the games* with everyone else getting their main match coverage

RTÉ and TV3 will also provide coverage for us here in Ireland. TV3 on Tuesday nights and RTÉ on Wednesday nights

*with the exception of ITV games unless they have ITV. not all will receive both games as one will be on ITV2 or the ITV News Channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish

Don't fancy Liverpool in the final but they often raise the bar a bit in the big games.

Well in all respects yesterdays match was a big one for both teams. The pool needed to win to start the climb up the table and Birmingham needed teh win for obvious reasons. I don't think Liverpool can beat Utd next week, not unless the Liverpool backroom staff mutiny and take over from GH:p

And to think that I actually supported GH to lead the team back from the wilderness. That support is now dwindling. I can't comprehend teh decision to play Cheryou centre half and then end the game with four strikers. The words "Desperation", "Unorganisation", and "Sh1te Management" spring to mind.

Although Im looking forward to what Parry and GH will conjure up for the press today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think GH has been watching Dream Team where the manager placed a bet that his team would be relegated. I am sure GH would have got good odds on Liverpool not qualifying for Europe this season at the start of the season. It would explain the daft substitions and playing players out of position.

I think GH has been watching Dream Team where the manager placed a bet that his team would be relegated.

It has to be owen that is doing the betting. He has scored a world class 2 goals since November.

They say he had fergie at 10/1 to hit beckham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I can see now that anything say will only encourage another childish and sad remark, so I wont.

Advertisement