Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool The Worst Team Ever ?

• 23-02-2003 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Yes. They are a disgrace to everyone who has ever been associated with the club or supported the club.

Man I'm angry :mad:

ARE LIVERPOOL THE WORST TEAM EVER? 18 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    50% 9 votes
    Who stole my Atari Jaguar?
    50% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C'mon now! They're bad but they're not Sunderland! Or West Ham, or West Brom or Villa....the list goes on.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    Yes. They are a disgrace to everyone who has ever been associated with the club or supported the club.

Actually I think its 'supporters' like you who go round shouting 'this team is a disgrace on me' just because they're not doing well who are the real disgrace. Those players don't owe you a thing so stop taking it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

They owe me the money I spend every year going to see them play

i posted my comments in a fit of rage so I don't mean literally the worst team ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Btw I edited you poll to add the the "No" option.

What is it with all the Liverpool fans trying to commit hari-kari at the moment. Every team goes thru a bad spell get over it :rolleyes:

Gandalf.

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    They owe me the money I spend every year going to see them play
    Enduring the expence to travel to a ground and buy a ticket entitles you to nothing more than the opportunity to watch a football match. That money and effort expended on your part doesn't give you the right to recieve and minimum quality of football and/or to recieve the performances and results you demand.

A real supporter would accept that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by gandalf

What is it with all the Liverpool fans trying to commit hari-kari at the moment. Every team goes thru a bad spell get over it :rolleyes:

Amen to that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What is it with all the Liverpool fans trying to commit hari-kari at the moment. Every team goes thru a bad spell get over it

Correct but the scouse bad spell started in October and 5 months later it is still going on.

C'mon now! They're bad but they're not Sunderland! Or West Ham, or West Brom or Villa....the list goes on.

Mike, I usually agree with your points but in all honesty you expect no brain play, one dimensional attack and gutless pansies playing for these club, but if scouse are supposidly a world class team then you cannot be expecting to be 2nd one year and almost a mid table team the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by yop
    Mike, I usually agree with your points but in all honesty you expect no brain play, one dimensional attack and gutless pansies playing for these club, but if scouse are supposidly a world class team then you cannot be expecting to be 2nd one year and almost a mid table team the next.

and as a liverpool supporter ... its depressing to watch

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

and as a liverpool supporter ... its depressing to watch

Johnny , If it is depressing for you then the board and GH should be jumpin off buildings, it is comical to watch make the same mistakes week in week out.

Originally posted by Pigman II
    Enduring the expence to travel to a ground and buy a ticket entitles you to nothing more than the opportunity to watch a football match. That money and effort expended on your part doesn't give you the right to recieve and minimum quality of football and/or to recieve the performances and results you demand.

A real supporter would accept that
    A real supporter, like myself, would most definitely not accept a level of performance like the one witnessed against Birmingham . I'm sure the players, and manager feel the same way, but as I'm sure you know, if it wasn't for the fans there would be no Liverpool FC. As a loyal fan, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a decent, hard-working performance from my team. As Alex Ferguson once said, If you can get 8 or 9 of your players to perform very well on the day, then you'll win.
    I cannot remember the last time 8 or 9 of Liverpool's players performed very well on the day.

That's my opinion on the matter

• Advertisement

Ah, but that was the point I was making!

I have no arguement with you not accepting a teams level of performances but to go round moaning and saying (and you did say) that it reflects badly on supporters (such as yourself?) is incorrect.

When Liverpool fail on the pitch it refects badly on the men in red out there today (and the people involved with preparing them) not you. Just remember that those highly paid professionals on show don't care about you in the slightest (despite what your own personal finanical contribution might convince you otherwise of), so I don't think you in return should be too bothered about them tarnishing your own personal beam of reflected glory.

True

It just darn makes me mad is all

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Hang on a sec now liverpool fans.

Remember it took man utd 26 years to win the league.

that is the nature of competion.
    Liverpool fans expect to win year in year out which is fair enough..expectations are ok but in reality there are 19 other teams in the league all competing harshly against each other.

It would be extremly boring for the league if liverpool just dominated or any other team for that matter like it was in the 90s when no one could stop United.

This year has been the most exciting in a long long time because real soccer fans are enjoying the competion and the excitement.

OK liverpool are going through a bad patch i agree with ya there but all teams do. I beleive it makes other teams play harder against liverpool when you liverpool fans coming on radio shows and moaning things like "its not fair..we should win".

you guys are still only 5 points behind Chelsea for a champions league spot. dont compain that your not winning anything this season when winning a champions league place is an absolutely fantastic achievement by any club....Just support your team through the barren patch...MAn Utd fans did..

rant over

PS: I am not a man U fan

I think the main reason Liverpool fans are so annoyed with the team this season is the fact that we had won 9 and drawn 3 of our first 12 league games. Pretty good start you would say. We have won 2 of our last 16 league games! Even when Man Utd were an ordinary side back in the 70's and 80's, i doubt they had a run that atrocious? I could be wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

United were relegated in the Seventies so they must have had a few bad runs in that time. Remember Dennis Law scoring the goal against United for City to confrim relegation.

Yeah that was funny. Didn't he back-heal it in from 2 yards and then he wouldn't celebrate. What a nice man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

That is the one. He said it was the hardest goal he ever scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Birmingham. :(

Waylander - they will only add you to the famous 2 if you keep at it and may even start a poll to get you banned. Now won;t that be funny. :rolleyes:

Maybe it is strange but the 2 so called flamers are United fans and now another United fan is been slammed.

Me finks that there needs to be a serious humour pill swallowed down merseyside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

eh everyone...calm down calm down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The frustrations are understandable, I was lisetening to the phone in 6-0-6
    after the game, and a fan said he could forgive a Liverpool side which was loosing if it was playing well and trying. The sad fact is they are playing bad football, Watford in the 80s comes to mind....:eek:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 VIRUS

Everton are ahead of liverpool. Like how bad is that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

The difference with Liverpool this season is the Added Expectation - Since coming 3rd , then 2nd in the Premiership people assumed they'd take the title. They have not aquired a squad capable of winning any league (prem or champs) , cups yes (as proven).

They are also playing boring football which as a fan is hard to accept but is true at the moment. I was really peeved when they were beaten by brummies but its not the end of the world , there are many teams who'd wish to have the players / setup / fans Liverpool have

lets just look to next season for more improvements and hope we win something this season (even worthy) to keep the morale of the fans up ....

LFC forever

Advertisement