Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric six

Options
  • 23-02-2003 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

whens the album coming out ?
    and also is that really Mr.jack white in the "High Voltage" song ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

Originally posted by Tusky
    is that really Mr.jack white in the "High Voltage" song ?

thats what i keep asking people and i keep being told no, but it REALLY sounds like him! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There's two different versions of that song, one is from a year ago, when they were called the 'Wild bunch', but the one that is in the charts now has Jack White on, but he just shouts 'Danger Danger!' on it.

I wonder has the singer given up his job as a bus driver in America yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

For those into their ****e electroclash **** and therefore interested.. the electric six are playing the village on may 4th.. tickets are on sale at €16 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

he shouts mroe than danger danger...he says "its hgih voltage" ! and " and when we touch" and also ! "its my desire"..... think thats it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Someone told me(someone who knows stuff like this) that it's not actually jack white, just someone they hired who could immitate him, but that could be bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Kali
    For those into their ****e electroclash **** and therefore interested.. the electric six are playing the village on may 4th.. tickets are on sale at €16 :)

The where?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i was about to ask the same thing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

new name for Mono when its refurbished.

anyone else seen the video for high voltage? its weird.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Lisa_Lavish

brilliant tune!!!the video is class!

• Advertisement

so i am the only one who finds the video disturbing?? v.funny anyway though:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

disturbingly good

does anyone know any of their other stuff is any good? i havent heard anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

The wild bunch held a competition for a fan to sing on a song of theirs. The winner sounded alot like Jack White. Also part of the prize was dinner with the band. But the band had no money at the time and the contest winner had to pay the bill and hasn't talked to the band since. Dick Valentine doubts he even know the song has been a hit. All this can be found in hotpress where theres a interview with valentine. But bare in mind that he's a master piss taker. To boost sales of the single they claimed that the sax solo at the end was performed by Bill Clinton.

So who really know if it's really Jack White?

PS Danger! high voltage was oringally recorded as the wildbunch. The wildbunch changed their name and rereleased the song.

Question? which other band was once known as the wildbunch before changing it to Massive Attack? Duh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Forgive my apparent incompetence, who's Jack White?

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Forgive my apparent incompetence, who's Jack White?

the singer/guitarist in the white stripes

Advertisement