Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought new keyboard without the EURO sign...

• 23-02-2003 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just installed my new Logitech cordless DUO set, and it turns out that the keyboard has no EURO symbol on the "4" key.... I actually knew this before I purchased but I thought that if I set it up as an Irish keyboard it would work when pressing ctrl+4 - - but it doesn't :(

Any suggestions on how I can use the EURO sign... please ??

Cheers

jk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

try ctrl + alt + 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Guess what... it worked!!! :D

Any idea if there is an easier way of doing this in future? Is there a setting I can adjust anywhere??

jk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Alt Gr (just to the right of the spacebar) + 4

Or what ballooba said. They're both the default ways of inserting a euro symbol in windows.

I'm not being a smartypants but Windows doesn't know if your keyboard has a euro symbol painted on the keyboard or not. CTRL+4 shouldn't work regardless using a UK or Irish keyboard.

You could map a different key or key combo to the € symbol (to replace the dollar sign perhaps) but AltGr+4 is as easy - especially if you use Excel and need that dollar sign handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Never heard of it as a combo. I know those exotic continental types use CTRL+E or AltGr+E for € but CTRL+4 just doesn't ring a bell.

(actually just went for a google and found that while some euro countries use AltGr+E, some (incl Denmark, Iceland, Italy) apparently use AltGr+5)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

At the end of the day it's down to the driver and/or OS you're using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

At the end of the day, theres not a whole lot of difference between a quid and a euron anyway... get over it.

Advertisement