Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Digital Probs?

• 24-02-2003 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    The Family rang NTL this morning to report an apparent problem with our STB. Over the weekend, on boot up we're getting on the LED display, "ER25". Now this morning we're getting the ntl: logo and message informing us to contact Customer Services, that the box isn't responding.

Well upon ringing them, we where informed there is a mass outage, but didn't mention our area. I don't know if this is to blaim. Is anyone else out there without Digital?

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really thinking of moving across to Sky, more channels, cheaper too.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

At 1am Saturday night / Sun morning my STB exhibited the exact same problem. Flicking through channels (as one does), I suddenly started getting blank screens on all channels. Rebooting the STB brought up the NTL logo and "There is a problem with your STB, please contact NTL Customer Service quoting error code " (whatever). I unplugged the STB and went to bed.

Waking up the next morning, plugged back in the STB and all was fine after it finished fully booting.

Possibly a problem at the head end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by icdg
    At 1am Saturday night / Sun morning my STB exhibited the exact same problem.

Same story here. I had my STB on standby on Sat night - got up early on Sunday to see if the golf was live from Malaysia and got blank screens on all channels - analogue was fine.

I rebooted to see that STB was in update mode all night. All fine again a few hours later though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Yep....all identical to my problems. But I'm still getting em. Now its taking about 20 boots to get it stable for a max of 1hour. Getting someone out tomorrow from NTL (After waiting almost 56mins on hold!). Bad news will be if they replace my box I'm going to be getting that newer (lesser spec'd) model :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick. Get Sky! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

I've got my NTL back! The engineer came around yesterday and replaced my box. Is there really anything else they can do apart from "play" with the cables. So in the space of over 1 year I've had three NTL boxes now! And I got one of the old models too!

He said that the flickering and blacking of channels late at night is caused by network updates. I havn't really seen anything new added to the system apart from the "ITV news channel" is now in the preview window in the IPG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by patrickmooney
    And I got on of the old models too!

What boxes are they using these days? I got mine installed about 18 months ago and it's a Pace box. Are they using a different one now?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Originally posted by SteM
    What boxes are they using these days? I got mine installed about 18 months ago and it's a Pace box. Are they using a different one now?

AFAIK the new boxes are also Pace, though a cut down version to the current Di4001 / Di4010 models.

Advertisement