Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configureing Mercury

Options
  • 24-02-2003 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hello

I have been given a task to setup email accounts for some people in a small company. Basically they want their email setup so that when one email comes in for someone, that email will also be sent to the other 4 people who are working there aswell, so that no email will go unanswered.

There are 7 computers on a local area network, each one running windows 98,(soon windows 2000) and they appear to get their internet connection from an isdn router in the back room. 5 people have email addresses. They are running MS outlook.

I was told that mercury email server would be able to fulfil my needs, but I dont have a clue how to set it up or what to do. Unfortunately I cannnot use unix or linux, because the computer I would want to install the mailserver on would have to be a windows machine ( one of the users machines) and they would insist on needing to use MS office and powerpoint.

If anyone knows of any good articles, ( I have checked the web, no joy on anything useful ), or can help me, Id well appreciate it.

Thanks for your time

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Never used it, you could take a look here, might be of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Originally posted by Matfinn

If anyone knows of any good articles, ( I have checked the web, no joy on anything useful ), or can help me, Id well appreciate it.

Thanks for your time

Matt

You could scrape an old pentium together to use as your machine, around 30 or 40 euro would get one and just use that. Stick the cost in your quote .. If the machine is hidden away in the back room with the isdn router or whatever, they need not even ever bother with it.

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Thanks for your replies lads. Verb I wouldnt be able to do that, I forgot to tell you there is no space on the hub for another machine.

Matt

Advertisement