Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda

Options
  • 24-02-2003 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

just heard the new zelda game comes with bonus disk which has ocarnia of time on it ! WOW ! im sure this is really old news...is it true ? will it have extra bits and will the graphics be updated ? :) i sold my N64 and ocarnia fo time was one of my fav games so will be gr8 to have it again !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, its true. Its going to be a very limited edition special offer though (as far as I know).

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

cool thanks :) i really dont like the screenys but people say it looks good when its moving - hope this is true - cell animation or somthing :)

http://www.game.uk.com/review.asp?tab=gc&rev_id=148971

aye its limited edition :( i still dont even have a GC :(

I'm still not sure what the best strategy for getting the bonus disc is.

If you order online, you're not guaranteed to get the disc.

If you pre-order in Game/Smyths etc, you're not guaranteed to get the disc.

If you want in off the street on release day, you're not guaranteed to get the disc.

Anyone got a surefire way of getting the game with the bonus disc?

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

It is being released here slightly differently to Japan and The States. It is going to be a limited edition double disk box here. So if you preorder you are (i would say) guaranteed to get the bonus disk.

In the states, if you preordered you were sent the bonus disk a week or two before the game itself.

Here is the press release....

February 18 2003 - Nintendo today announce the eagerly anticipated news that a limited edition bonus disk will be included with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker at launch on 3rd May.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, will include a bonus disk containing two additional NINTENDO GAMECUBE games: The N64 Classic The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and previously unreleased title The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest, which was originally designed for the N64DD. Also on the bonus disk will be additional gameplay footage including the all-new F-Zero, 1080° Avalanche, Timesplitters 2, Phantasy Star Online, Rayman 3 & Super Monkey Ball 2, all for NINTENDO GAMECUBE.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is the latest in the Zelda series, which began in 1986 with The Legend of Zelda on Nintendo's NES console. Since then, over 36 million Zelda games have been sold worldwide for Nintendo's NES, SNES, N64, and Game Boy consoles.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker limited edition double disk set will be available from 3rd May 2003 priced around 60 Euros whilst stocks last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

u could try sleeping with some of the really ugly girls who work in game [but i dont think its worth it:rolleyes: ]

[ps. cant wait for ye olde zelda :D ]

Jimmeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

come on now ppl use your brains, *sorry*

but game and all can't gaurantee a copy,

but sure as hell if you booked it one week earlier than your mate, you will mostly likely get a copy before him/her...

i have my name down in three different places, if i get a copy i'll ring the others and let them know,

im not taking any chances , we all know how desparate mums and dads can be on zelda days and their prefabricated stories*sob stories* and why they need this game for their kid ,

i've seen this happen, managers ticking off someone from their booking/recieving list and giving a copy to a mum/da..

and sure enough some ****ty story to some unlucky punter telling him/her that they were short shipped , and your going to have to wait till another order due in fcuk knows when!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Copy of my order with www.gameplay.com

Thank you for ordering from gameplay.

Please keep this email in a safe place as it contains useful information about
    your order.

Item Product Quantity Price Total
    1 The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker Inc. Bonus Disc ( GC0285 ) 1 34.99
    Delivery: 4.00
    Order Total: 38.99

Notice the Bonus disc part...

any1 got links to movie downloads for the game...not ign though !

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

mbroaders:

From Gameplay:
    Includes bonus disc containing Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time Master Quest - please note that this is a limited edition, and will only be available with the first pressing of the game. As such if you require the bonus disk you will need to pre-order. However as the disks are on a limited basis we cannot gurantee that all pre-orders will recieve the bonus disc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmv and gamesworld in dublin have a demo disc running videos of the game. Looks fcukin amazin.

is that site to be trusted ? :) never heard of it before ?

Advertisement