Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win Xp & Partition Magic

Options
  • 24-02-2003 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

I want to resize my partitions on a Win XP laptop, so that I can set up linux. I've been looking round the web most of the morning, but I cant seem to find the answer to my question.

The question is:
    Will Windows XP need to be re-activated after I resize my partitions using partition magic?

So has anybody here any experience of re-sizing partitions in XP and does it require re-activation after doing so, because if it does I'll just stick with a virtual machine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

No it wont need re-activation, also you are allowed 2 activation's before M$ ask any questions so I wouldnt be worrying. Short answer to your question is NO.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Thanks Tom. My question is answered :)

Advertisement