Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neocron: Stupid player stories.

Options
  • 24-02-2003 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any stupid player stories? Here's mine...

Over the weekend I offered to help out a newbie character get from Neocron to Tech Haven by driving him there. It's about a 5 minute drive from the gates of NC to Tech Haven. When I get there the guy asks me to drive him to an outpost to the SW of Tech Haven where all his clan are (about 10 minute drive due to mountains but on the way back to NC). So I tell him to hurry to up inside so I can drive him.

10 minutes or so later he finally comes out and says he's ready to go. So we start driving the to the outpost. After some monster avoiding and going through the hills I am finally within the zone of the outpost. I am literally less then a minute to go when he says "Drive me to xxx" (I forget the name, but it is same distance from Tech haven in the other direction). I ask him is he sure as we are at the outpost and he could just Genrep to the next outpost. But he says he has to get there urgently and can't Genrep and tells me to "Make it fast"

So a bit annoyed now I start driving to the other outpost. I sync into a clump of trees at one stage and spend a good 5 minutes trying to get out of them, meanwhile he keeps saying "Hurry Up" and critising my driving (I so wish there was a boot command on the car).

About halfway there he goes "Hee hee, you want to help in an Op battle?", at which point I stop the car and tell him if I'm driving into a warzone let me know now so I can drop him off at the edge of the zone, so I don't get my car all shot up. He says he isn't but I don't trust him, then he tells me I will be rewarded.

So I get to the Outpost and sure enough there is a large scale 30 man war going on. I tell him to get out where we are but he won't until I bring him nearer, and he said he would jump out while on the move. So I gun the car for the nearst group and skid turn and shoot away as he jumps out... into the enemy clan. I watched as I was driving off into the sunset as about 10 or so of the enemy gun him down. :) That alone made the trip all worthwhile.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

what times (gmt) do u play at normally, the few times I've been on I havent seen u.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    what times (gmt) do u play at normally, the few times I've been on I havent seen u.

I only play weekends, due to lack of time. :/ Normally saturday mornings. If you want to arrange a time I can chauffeur you to most of the genreps.

I also bought a Via Rosso Level 3 apartment over the weekend. It's pretty sweet. Shame there is no friends list for apartments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

you happen to be on Uranus server hobbes ?
    i could use some GR's ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Friends lists for apartments now thats a good Idea. You should submit it to the Game designers.

Jaggeh and I were talking about what if you could buy a shop for your clan, It would save a lot of the Plaza 1 clutter if you could dump the 20 Judgement launchers ye collected onto a hired vendor and set a price then let him do his stuff.

Would be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I play on Pluto.

Ed, Friends lists for apartments has already been suggested to the Devs and is in the process of being worked on/looked at.

As for vendors in your apartment. I think that idea sucks. :)

A better solution (IMHO) is to have outpost vendors allowed to sell stuff on behalf of a clan. That way certain outposts will give more value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Hobbes Vendors in apartments was your bros Idea, I said It would be cool if you could buy a Shop, like if they closed the venture warp shops remoddled them and then acutioned them to the clans.

Advertisement