Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Showers??

Options
  • 24-02-2003 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting one of these, anyone any idea how much it would cost to have one installed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It really depends on what you want, I suspect you can spend anything from €500 to €5,000 depending on model.

I suggest you take a look around the bathroom stores to see what you want. The main criteria are (1) how many heads, (2) how much heating and (3) how much water pressure you want.

Things like the Triton T80 / T90 are popular and are at the simpler end for installation (and apparently the detachable head is popular with the ladies).

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Showers_Index/Pumped_Showers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

not realy up on this but i think this should do the job

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TTAS2000W.html

not an electric i'm looking for, just **** hot water pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just be aware that it will horse through your hot water tank (typical shower uses 15-30 litres, this uses 14 litres/minute). Make sure that you are slightly generous in the piping / water supply.

I imagine it would involve half a day each for a plumber and an electrician, maybe a few hundred euros each. I assume you will do any opening up and making good yourself. If you aren't doing any other work in the bathroom, it might make sense to expose the piping / conduit (get some chrome plated copper pipe). Make sure the unit and the bath / shower are suitably earthed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

ta dude.

Advertisement