Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile recording studio available

• 24-02-2003 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Mobile recording studio available with engineer. Equipment includes an apple mac running Pro tools, varied selection of microphones, Presonus digimax mic pre, HHB monitors etc.

If you are anything from a vocal group to a 10 piece band I can record you. Previous clients include The 66 electric, Mundy, Shane McGowan, Damien Dempsey, Nina Hynes, Tim Wheeler (ASH) etc.

Prices from E150 per day. Including engineer.

Mail: kmastering@excite.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I know its advertising, but it doesn't sound bad. Do you get a few cd's thrown in?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Alibaba01

You get a cd (or three) as your end product. You'll have to sort out the printing of the booklet yourself. Most small studio's charge around E300 per day without engineer, they'll also charge extra for burning your song onto a cd! I hope to simplify things by making it more affordable for less well off bands to get their material out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Hi,

Your rate of €150 per day is very convenient but it's not true that a small studio would charge you €300 per day + engineer.

You can book the Sun for that kind of money and Apollo would charge you around €380 engineer included... and there's no extra fee to burn a CD (!!!!)

Besides, these rates are not that high if you consider that, differently from a "mobile" studio, they have to pay for premises, sound-proofing, etc. and some of them have €100K+ worth equipment

Yet, yours is an honest rate, seriously.

Yes it's true that apollo and sun studios offer great rates when compared with many other studios. I should know seeing as I work in them both quite regularly. They are the exception though and because of this they're always fully booked!

However much of the buisiness which used to fill these studios are now being done at home. David Gray for instance recorded most of white ladder at home! The reason for this is cost and no time pressures.

I'm setting up the studio to help those who want to take this route to have a profesional sound engineer on hand with reliable equipment to make it that bit better. It keeps a sound engineer like me in regular employment too!

As for the cd's, well it's only in the last few months that you didn't have to pay for a copy, thank god for CDR's:D

If anyone is interested in being recorded give me a mail on kmastering@excite.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Yeah I do agree here: with the latest technology you don't need any longer to invest thousends of euros in gear to achieve an industry standard quality.

We did the same thing with my band, check the resources page of www.morellorocks.com , I guess you'll find its "recording equipment" session quite interesting as you probably made the same choices

Keep rockin' man, A.

• Advertisement

I've just put a website up. Its under construction but it should be up and running fully soon with news, client links and equipment lists.

By the way the site is www.krecording.com Mail me on info@krecording.com.

Advertisement