Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chavez V Bush

Options
  • 24-02-2003 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Just read one of the letters to the Editor of the Evening Hearld (24/2/2003) about the Documentry about Chavez and his government in Venuslula.

It asked when were we going to stop supporting Dictators like Chevez. I.e that the documentry was full of proproganda from chaevez's people.

Do you agree with this that RTE and the media in general give to much time to such "Terrorist". and such we stop supporting people like chavez and be more pro-america??????

So who do you trust? Bush or Chavez who where both democratically voted in by the people of their respective countries.

Who do you trust 14 votes

Bush "The Democrat"
    0% 0 votes
    Chavez "The Terrorist"
    14% 2 votes
    Nither
    85% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

What are you talking about??

This makes no sense

Originally posted by Elmo
    ...about Chavez and his government in Venuslula.

Oh I get it... Your talking about that theory that Chavez is from Venus and Bush is a lula :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 taellad

i reckon they're from nither
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,409 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bush or Chavez who where both democratically voted in by the people of their respective countries.
    This is wrong, Bush wasn't elected by the people, but by the states (collegiate system).

Chavez was very much a man of the (poor) people and this is where his problems stem from, the middle and upper classes, many in the oil industry, hate his policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sorry Victor wasn't Bush voted in by the Sumpreme Court in the US ???

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by gandalf
    Sorry Victor wasn't Bush voted in by the Sumpreme Court in the US ???

Gandalf.

Bahaha yeah you mean the Supreme Conservatives lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sorry to explain

Is chevez an undemocratic terrorist ruler and should RTE and the media support such a ruler? i.e. is the True Lives documentry a Proproganda Production of Chavze?

And should more time be given to the Bush War?

Do you trust Either of the leaders and if you where asked to vote for them in an election who would you vote for?

My Opinion of the documentry was that Chavze was a Leader of the poor and wants to make changes so that everyone in his country should have the rights that most people have in this world and that the Bush Admin tried to put a dictator of the rich in to power because Chavez increase Oil prices.

Unlike the letter to the editor(Evening Hearld) which though that the media gave to much time to such people. I'll get the letter a post it here.

Sorry for the confussion and spelling.

Elmo, I'm not trying to be smart, but I'm guessing English isn't your first language so links to whatever articles your referencing would be helpful.

I think I get the gist of your idea but its a moot point if I think correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Chavez was voted in? Am I missing something here? (Bio)

Even when the attempted coup happened the military of the country said (Note my translation will be rusty) "WTF? He was legally voted him in, you want him gone vote him otherwise get the fuk out of our country and give us back our el presidente.. byotch".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Do you agree with this that RTE and the media in general give to much time to such "Terrorist". and such we stop supporting people like chavez and be more pro-america??????

RTE & other media outlets give too much time to covering and interviewing terrorists & dictators.

I think that people like David Quinn, Vincent Browne, John Waters,Emily O Reilly & Matt Cooper tend to give a more balanced presentation of news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,409 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Chavez was voted in? Am I missing something here? (Bio)
    That sounds about right, he was once involved in a failed coup, but he was elected president democraticly.

Advertisement