Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Way Out Results....

• 24-02-2003 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Last nights PPV looked to be a quiet one, with one or two good matches.IMO, it had the most heart and spectacle since Wrestle Mania X7

Opening Match:
    Y2J Chris Jericho V Jeff Hardy
    Eric Biseoff banned Shwan Michaels from ring side during Heat. The Canadian crowd were solidly in favour of there home town hero Jericho. Jeff got the crowd going form minute one... with a series of summer saults, brutal close lines and a asai spring board twisting summersault senton. The pace died down at this point as the momentum switched from Hardy to Y2J. Jeff eventually scored a Swamton bomb but Jericho was too close to the ropes and Y2J escaped. The walls of jericho was soon applied to Hardy after a Hurricanrana attempt that failed. Jeff got to the bottom rope and build the match once more. After missing a second Swamton and recieving a Lion sault, Hardy broke free on 2. The crowd couldnt believe it, as Jericho wipped the blood from a gash above his eye brow. Jeffs twist of Fate was coultered in to a modified dragon leg screw, which in turn placed Jeff in the walls of Jericho once more. Jeff reached for the ropes but was too far away. He had no choice but to tap...

World Tag Team tile Match
    Rob Van Dam and Kane V (champions)Lance Storm and William Regal
    This match was another quick opener. RVD and Storm gave a small display of their old ECW style wrestling. Regal soon got into the ring, as did Kane. The big Red Machine leveled both Regal and Storm, and hoised Regal up on his back for a body slam. However, once Regal was on the math, Kane knew something was'nt right . Regal wasnt moving. He looked to be unconscience. A slow-motion replay showed the slam, and Regals neck and head slamming into the mat. Lance Storm discreatly pulled Regal out of the ring, givin him time to rest up. As RVD pulled off all his finishing and signature manouvers on Storm, Regal came to his sences. Lance Storm grabbed Kane and pulled his mask off, but the big Red Freak , managed to hold the mask to his face, but unfortinuatly couldnt see. Storm pushed RVD into his blinded tag team partner and in a sea of confusion, kane picked up RVD and choke slammed him. Lance got the cover on Van Dam as Kane adjusted his mask, but as he peared through the eye sockets, all he could see was his Partner on the ground and Regal and Strom walking up the ramp way with the titles still in hand.

Cruiser-weight Title Match
    Matt Hardy Version 1.0 V Billy Kidman
    Matt Hardy as always was accompined by the origional MFer, Shannon Moore. The two blazed into each other but through out the start of the match Matt had the advantage, being the more technical, experienced and larger of the 2. Thank god his comedy act and Weight loss angle of Matt didnt come into play here. Billy got soem of his unique Cruiser stly, lucha Libre style moves in, but after 1 side effect the match was as good as over. Matt scored the twist of Faith that didnt keep Billy down. Matt couldnt beleive it and tried it again. Billy tried for a second time to hit the Shooting Star press, but Matt countered it into a top rope, head first Twist of Faith. Matt got the 3 count and was awarded the Title. (Lets hope this will result in a ladder match at Wrestle Mania between Matt and Jeff)

Big Show V The Undertaker
    Taker took it to Show from the first second. The match was fast but pretty dull. Nothing special, but obviously the crowd was behind Taker. The high light of the match was Takers massive dive (massive, even by takers standards) over the top rope on to the interfering A-Train. In the ned taker took the victory by chiking out Big Show. Score o for the dead man.

6 man Tag Match
    Brock Lesner and Edge and Chris Benoit V (wwe champion)Kurt Angle, and (wwe tag team champions)Charlie Hoss and Shelton Bengerman, Team Angle
    Before the match had even begun, or the super stars had walked to the ring, Edge was seen unconscience in the back, due to a suspected attack from team angle. (In reality Edge has injured his spine very severly while working out earlier in the day, there is a chance, unfortunitly we may never see him wrestle again) The match itself exploded, and it was hard to see what was going on all at once. Brock continouslt taunted Angle but the two didnt meet until Angle locked a Sleeper o Lesner. The end of the match was total anarchy. Lesner got amn F5 on Angle as Charlie Hoss tapped out to Chris Benoits Crippler cross face.

World Heavy weight title match
    Tripple H V Scott Steiner
    I wasnt expecting much out of this match, but I guess it wansnt as bad as Royal Rumbles hiddious match. But Stenier used a total, sorry a record breaking total of aproximnatly 17 differnt moves, compared to the 8 at Royal Rumble (slap, punch,side walk slam, belly to belly over head, belly to belly slam, super plex, kick, steiner recliner) I kid you not. The inevatible interfernece of the Evaloution gave the match a bit of life. I never thoought I'd be so happy to see HH win a match, let alone a title match since 1998.

Stone Cold Steve Austin V Eric Bisheoff
    Can words describe this? As far a wrestling goes... WHAT? Who cares. See, the bottom line is, you can come on this board, flapping your gums about Stone Cold, EHH EHH! No sir! See when that glass hits, its nothing but 100% adreline, And if you felt as ahpyyas apig in sh1t, When stone cold steve austin burst through those curtins, gimme A HELL YEAH! HELLLLLL YEAAAAHHH!!! Hanza 3:16 says I just reviewed your ass, amd thats the bottom line WHAT? Cos Stone Colds Back!!!

Main Event:
    Rock/Hogan 2
    Why was this the main event. Poop match, Guess why? Geratric VS Glory hog Pretty boy. The only thing worth mentioning was Vinne MAc Screwing Haogan in the end buy turning off the lights as hogan scored the leg drop. When the came back up, the ref lay beside asteal chair, whish rock used to open up Hogan and Win the match. The PPV went off the air with Mr McMahon taunting the Hulkster... Wrestl Mania Street fight anyone...

So, IMO a killer PPV. It goes to show a Sh1t card, doesnt nessarly mean a sh1t PPV. I got my moneys worth, well I knwo itwas free but... OH SHUT UP!

:)

Hanza!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

it was a pretty good PPv bar two matches - Rock v Hogan and HHH v Steiner!!

Austin is back! it wasn't the best match il ever see and we all know that but i knew exactly how JR felt when he was going crazy at the end!! i didnt think he'd show with all the contraversy surroundin him but when you hear the glass break and see him walkin down the ramp it was priceless!!

I was a bit dissappointed but the lack of interferences in matches!! like Hogan v Rock could have used every1 backstage to try and revive that match..... and HHH v Steiner was very predictable that evo was gonna come down...... thought maybe a new group would have been formed.

A few questions - will edge be back???
    - how long more do we have to listen to the rock sh!t on???
    - is goldberg gonna come to the WWE???
    and will the hardy's ever get back together or will they use this Matt Hardy V1.0 for much longer cos personally it sucks!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Based on the hardys confrontation at no way out i'd say you would be more likely to see them against each other than teaming up who knows maybe a interpromotional title match at wmania

Goldberg is supposed to be in the wwe any week now with a feud at wmania against the rock. this is why i was really dissapointed that he didnt interfere in the Rock v Hogan match, it really could have used it, though i did like how Hogan was screwed reminiscant of Bret Hart with the ref in on it and all especially as it was in montreal

and apparently edge is out for up to a year

it sure was priceless though austins return and JR's reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Edge is out for about a year...he has an extremly serious neck injury which needs surgery.

Raw spoiler for tonight...if what i read is true:
    Rock to switch to RAW to feud with Austin to set up a match for wrestlemania..Bischoffs revenge

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just read this on a wrestling link from google it might clear up a few things-

"The latest word going around today is that both Steve Austin and Bill Goldberg will not be appearing on tonight's RAW.

As best we can tell, Bill Goldberg has not yet signed with WWE, although many consider it likely that the deal will be reached very soon.

The Rock will be on RAW tonight despite being a SmackDown! wrestler to set up his program with Steve Austin leading into WrestleMania."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

No sign of Nathan Jones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I taught Stone Cold looked a lot leaner since his break.

NO sign of Nathan Jones at all at all...

But edge was found brutalised so I bet Nathan Jones will get the blame for that.

Aye Stone Cold did look a bit leaner...Did you find your heart beating faster and a huge smile come across your face as the sound of the glass breaking came on....and then he came onto the ramp...what a moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Wrestling matches (as far as the fans are concerned), is all about chemistry.

Prime example: Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio styles vairy totally. But the matches they put on rule.

Booker T Vs HHH at Wmania, I was looking forward to Stone Cold vs HHH. The two are good, but the matches they put on are gonna blow.

Oh, fingers crossed for the Hardys ladder match at Wmania.

Bill Goldberg, personally, I hate the guy, his style is old and he will last 2 years at the very very most.

Lets just hope wrestle MANIA feels like wrestle mania this year, unlike Toronto, which was like a staidum gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Hanza
    Oh, fingers crossed for the Hardys ladder match at Wmania

how would this happen seeing as they are both on different shows. the feud has been set up though with Jeff's slap at NWO but how can it happen. i would love to see it

MOst likely scenario is Matt Hardy defending Cruiserweigfht title against Billy Kidman at Wrestlemania.

Is Billy Kidman the only face cruiserweight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

Originally posted by Washout
    MOst likely scenario is Matt Hardy defending Cruiserweigfht title against Billy Kidman at Wrestlemania.

Is Billy Kidman the only face cruiserweight?

They should give rey mysterio more of a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

The RvD Benoit brand Vs Brand match a few months ago ruled.

The Jeff Matt match would be very easy to set up. All they have to do is get a little personal/quarel going on between steph and bish. They put a bet on at Wrestle mania and MAtt (being the lick up he's been since the beginning of the Version1.0 angle) volenteers his servses for the match at WM, Jeff being on the loosing streak hes been on reciently tries to get revenge on his brother for all the smart arse comments since Royal Rumble.

There are also a million other ways they could set up the match...

Seriously, does any one know why Jeff is loosing all the time now? It make no sence, and he could very easly (and sucessfully) play as a main event star for a short period. He really pulls off in the big match envoriments, come on look at it : TLC2, INvasion, Jeff/Taker ladder match, NO MERCY t.i.t. ladder match. And thats just a few.

Who said my dreams would come through by wrestle maina, and what did you mean?

Anyway...

Hanza

Advertisement