Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rev

Options
  • 24-02-2003 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

portal to server isn't active :(

found it, but it wont work. actually neither of them are up. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

thanks rev.

twas a good game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

sorry about the messup with teh portal at the start, I got called away for some RealLife(tm) stuff.

Anyway now that its sortted it'll be a bit easier for the games to get started without me. I'll most likely change the portals so that they are can be activated or deactivated with the campaign key, so lolth can open the server when you are ready to play a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Was fun last night.. just as the game ended i got enough XP to level up to level 7 but did not get a chance to actually level up since i was kicked out when everyone left. I will have to wait till tomorrow now i guess.

I was late arriving since my NWN was in bits after the lan party... in the end i had to uninstall, reinstall patch to 1.27 and then to 1.28!! I could not simply upgrade from 1.27 as the upgrade i had was for the last version of 1.27 and the patch available at the lan set everyone who used it to an older version of 1.27.. agh... i was pulling my hair out!!

Then i get in and find a new portal server and im completely lost.. thankfully i was led through caverns and locked doors to find the right portal.

Got in the game and everntually found where everyone was.. and you were all on your way back to the start point anyway.. shan tried to give me my share of the bounty.. 1000 gold... i had to refuse since i just joined i hardly did anything to deserve it yet.

Good game though!! Is that it finished now? Is it on to dreamcather now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yep, looks like dreamcatcher.

by the way, I didn't get any xp for completing the scenario :(
    Unless it gave me the xp just as it ended.

That balor was nuts. I only had one weapon that could damage it. Shan saved my ass and then I lagged!!! sorry bc!.

Hopefully dreamcatcher will pick up where this one left off.

ps. rev, that new portal server is excellent. Really looks good. I especially like the lever of dexterity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Actually the balor was easy for me.. Its vulnerable to magic so i threw empowered magic missles and when they ran out i sent ordinary magic missles and melfs acid arrows.. he died pretty quickly :D

As soon as i threw the first magic missle he came after me.. but because of your melee attacks he had to leave me and concentrate on you!! Leaving me to cast spell after spell!

As for the XP yes it came right at the end when the module ended, i got the level up chime and as i clicked to level up the server ended. Ah well!

• Advertisement
Advertisement