Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sport - Rugby board

Options
  • 25-02-2003 12:38am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

7 out of the nine non-sticky threads on the sport board are rugby related threads

in comparison there is only one non-sticky angling thread(which has no replies) and there is a seperate angling board

im oviously suggesting we create a rugby board in the sports section as it seems it would be of use and definatley be in more demand than others already in existence as i have illustrated above
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Last summer a rugby board was created, trouble was it was summer at the time! :D

Naturally in winter rugby is a sport worth discussing but I suspect after what happend the last time it'll remain on the general sports board...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by mike65
    Last summer a rugby board was created, trouble was it was summer at the time! :D

Naturally in winter rugby is a sport worth discussing
    Mike.

come the summer the world cup will be on

between the six nations and then there will be the Heiniken cup which muster and leinster are still involved in- a competition whose final is to be held in dublin and is expected to envolve a irish team.

then of couse there is the six nations and the pre-world cup tours Ireland, England and Scotland are all playing Australia before the WC

then after it the Celtic league and irish and english leagues will start up again

now there is more rugby than ever before and therefore more of a need for a rugby board than ever before and that includes the previous time that a board was created, which in itself shows that this should warant consideration.

i would still also point out that if there is an apparent need\use for a angling board then i certainly think there is one for a rugby board

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

As Daveirl said - the rugby board was in existance but didn't receive posts to warrant a sustained existance afair. If you relate this to angling - angling would be all year round as opposed to Rugby which would be seasonal. But I'm not one to say what deserves a board or not.

G'wan the thistles! (*mumble mumble Scotland lost their last game mumble mumble*)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by Gordon
    As Daveirl said - the rugby board was in existance but didn't receive posts to warrant a sustained existance afair. If you relate this to angling - angling would be all year round as opposed to Rugby which would be seasonal. But I'm not one to say what deserves a board or not.

G'wan the thistles! (*mumble mumble Scotland lost their last game mumble mumble*)

that is exactly what i was relating to in my last post where i explained how rugby is becoming a more year round sport which has more games a year especially this year where the Rugby world Cup in Australia will be held in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You know I kinda knew you were going to say that.

I guess it depends on the fact that there is genuine interest on the sports board for rugby or not. Ala Gaa. (ooh tla ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Doing a search, the word rugby only shows up in 128 of 1125 threads on sport. Like even angling has 103.

Should the "old" GAA and motorsports topics be split out from Sport?

Should "Fitness" be under sport, or are we suggesting something to the couch potatoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Heiniken Cup final is on the 24/5, World Cup starts 3rd week in October, in between is nothing of major importance

AFAIR the Rugby board was set up just before the quarter finals of the HC, then surpisingly there was bugger all posts over the summer and the board was shut down, before the winter friendklies and WC qualifiers.

Just a case of really bad timing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

does this mean i get to be mod again?

to be honest, there wasnt enough interest the last time.
    6 nations only lasts about 8 weeks.
    theres not much you can say about the heiniken cup that cant be said in sport, and the rugby world cup is only about once every 4 years. create a temporary one if needs be, but i dont see a long term need for one outside of a world cup event.

• Advertisement
Advertisement