Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best experience at an Ireland match

• 25-02-2003 4:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I've been to loads of Ireland matches both home and abroad but the one for me was the 0-0 result away to Litchenstein. The match itself (and result of course) was terrible, but afterwards the 2000 or so of us that was there, started singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' to the amusement of the local police who were expecting us to riot like English scumbags. All the Litchenstein players came back out and threw us their jerseys, several national flags and the keeper gave some young lad his gloves. It was amazing. But to top it off, on the way back to Zurich the next day, a few of us were on the train having the craic when a local guy came over and asked us if we were Irish. We replied that we were and he gave us a load of cans of beer. He said (and i quote) 'this is for you, because you Irish are so sporting'. Cool !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

aren't we just the best!!! ;)

best experience is obviously going to be associated with goals,
    but i'll yake your lead on "unique" experiences and go for the half an hour after the germany game last year when all 4/5000 irish stayed in the stadium singin and dancin and huggin. There was still a 2 hour train journey ahead of us back to Tokyo for more song where we eventually ran out of songs so we started singin christmas carols :D
    We were just buzzin, all we wanted to do is sing and we couldn't care how irrelevant the subject of the song was to the occasion.
    And all that was just the warm-up for hours of singin and drinkin outside some irish pub in Roppongi until dawn. Unforgettable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It would have to be the recent 2 day session in Glasgow. Knowing that we easily outsung the home support was a great feeling, even if it was only a friendly.

hey bateman, i'm curious -
    what was it the irish fans were chanting about keano at that game that disappointed many journalists (read a few sunday articles). I heard the "are you watching...." chant on the highlights which is harmless but was there a "****-er" chant or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eric_the_head

I was in Japan too, Knobbles, and the bar you were in was probably Paddy Foleys. Japan had many unforgetable moments too.

ah paddy foleys, that was the one!!!

went down there a few nights,
    fekin deadly craic with the huge crowd outside the bar.
    The crowds around Foleys and that street made it onto the Japanese news and a day or two later when Japan beat Russia 1-0, the locals got in on the act and hundreds of them went down to the very same spot and the partying and singin was just as crazy.....Ohhhh Nippooon,
    They were hilarious, the nicest people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Roy Keane
    your'e a wanker, your'e a wanker.
    That was all

Thats about it. Upsetting journalists? Tut tut.

Advertisement