Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddam V. Bush - The TV Debate

Options
  • 25-02-2003 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Can you imagine it Saddam and Bush in a TV debate. Want to guess who the winner might be?

Saddam wants television debate with Bush

Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has challenged President George W. Bush to a live, international television debate about the Iraq crisis.

The Iraqi leader challenged Mr Bush to a debate along the lines of US presidential campaign debates. He was speaking during an interview with CBS News anchor Dan Rather.

A transcript of the interview was not immediately available.

A White House spokesman rejected the debate offer, saying it was "not a serious statement".

TV Debate Winner 27 votes

Bush
    0% 0 votes
    Saddam
    3% 1 vote
    Neither - a draw
    96% 26 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Cork I deleted your post because you are not engaging in the discussion. Soundbites are now banned!!!

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

whats with u ppl, no Atari Jaguar? what world were u lot brought up in? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

Of course Saddam would win, everyone knows Bush is useless without a teleprompter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I sooner not see such a farce...and Saddam proberly would win, he'd proberly be very smooth and plausible and the anti-war movement would get a shot in the arm (ahem).
    So it would'nt happen anyway.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Saddam, even if the debate was held in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

saddam would have an interpreter and would make bush look silly by being slow and evasive,the whitehouse would never agree to an interview of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SloanerF1

Bush is a notoriously bad public speaker. In fact, I think he publicly admitted disliking that part of the job. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life! Saddam would definitely win, unless of course Saddam's translator spoke for Bush as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

i think saddam was watching bartlett on the west wing!

Saddam would probably give Bush a headbutt, and then buy the american presidency with some of his stash..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jes'Shout!

RE: "Can you imagine it Saddam and Bush in a TV debate......"

And it could be called "The Dog and Pony Show".

The thought raises some questions to ponder: How would one know if it was the real Saddam since he supposedly has about 8 doubles? You know it would be the real Dubya because who on earth would want to pretend to be that boob? Then one must ask "what is the value of providing a forum for stupidity?" At least they wear groovy costumes in WWF wrestling.....maybe we could get George and Saddam to dress up in special "debate outfits". It would give George a chance to wear his "really big" cowboy hat (the one that his mum gave him).

The question is "who would win?" Does anybody ever win in this type of situation? I know who would lose. however: the people who wasted even a moment of their lives watching it. But I suppose it would be kind of like a train wreck, you don't want to look but you just have to.

Advertisement